OVH Community, your new community space.

Ovh and the new countries USA CA BR RU MA TN ...

anonbit
31-07-2010, 01:11
sweet

S0phie
21-06-2010, 10:31
Quote Originally Posted by cascada
Hi,

When will it be possible to order from Estonia, anyone knows? Looks like we are the last one who can't, now when Latvia and Lithuania are allowed and Finland already was.

Thanks!
We won't accept orders from Estonia before next year I guess. Check our forum time to time for updates.

cascada
21-06-2010, 09:38
Hi,

When will it be possible to order from Estonia, anyone knows? Looks like we are the last one who can't, now when Latvia and Lithuania are allowed and Finland already was.

Thanks!

gueriLLaPunkMoB
19-06-2010, 09:49
Is there still a waiting list for those in the US? I understand that a customer needs to send a copy of a valid ID and a utility bill of some sort? That's not a problem, just wondering if that's the case.

Thanks to OVH for allowing NA users to order! w00t!

huno
17-06-2010, 04:00
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
Over the next few days, yes. I believe you will need to validate yourself though, contact ovh.pt for more information.
Now ovh.pt acept orders from Brazil. GREAT \o/

fozl
15-06-2010, 16:50
Quote Originally Posted by huno
soo, i live in Brazil, i can order in ovh.pt?
Over the next few days, yes. I believe you will need to validate yourself though, contact ovh.pt for more information.

huno
15-06-2010, 16:38
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
For Brazil, contact ovh.pt.
soo, i live in Brazil, i can order in ovh.pt?

fozl
10-06-2010, 09:27
OVH in Brazil? Nothing yet?
For Brazil, contact ovh.pt.

fozl
10-06-2010, 09:26
Quote Originally Posted by layman
Where is their list for signup to receive updates for USA customers? I would like to be kept informed.
Just open an account, and contact ovh.ie.

huno
10-06-2010, 03:11
OVH in Brazil? Nothing yet?

layman
08-06-2010, 22:56
Where is their list for signup to receive updates for USA customers? I would like to be kept informed.

fozl
08-06-2010, 13:26
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
Razakel? did you get an update from ovh.ie stating they are accepting orders now? as... i'm on their list to email when they are taking orders.. and I didn't get an email yet.
They do have a list of interested North Americans, when they officially launch for North America, they will be contacting the list.

nirajshah7
08-06-2010, 04:18
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
Razakel? did you get an update from ovh.ie stating they are accepting orders now? as... i'm on their list to email when they are taking orders.. and I didn't get an email yet.
Yes they are accepting orders. Talk to Niall on ovh.ie support. I have already ordered server from ovh.ie and I am based in Canada

Rilly
08-06-2010, 01:54

Razakel
07-06-2010, 20:45
Quote Originally Posted by Jerky_san
Soo any good news ^_^;?
OVH.ie now accepts orders from the US, if that's what you're asking. :P

Jerky_san
07-06-2010, 19:37
Soo any good news ^_^;?

turbanator
19-04-2010, 06:29
Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059
Business strategy seems to be backwards then. Normally wouldn't advertise other countries first, then do market research. What if the research turned sour? Now you have a bunch of angry people.
let it go man stop crying about it..noone is angry here..they are gonna do it whenever they want to..by now u shud have figured out how ovh works.

Speedy059
18-04-2010, 16:46
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
It will eventually happen, there's no doubt about it - it's just a case of when.

OVH must just be doing some proper market research before they launch their anticipated products to the markets they specified.
Business strategy seems to be backwards then. Normally wouldn't advertise other countries first, then do market research. What if the research turned sour? Now you have a bunch of angry people.

RapidSpeeds
17-04-2010, 22:19
It will eventually happen, there's no doubt about it - it's just a case of when.

OVH must just be doing some proper market research before they launch their anticipated products to the markets they specified.

Speedy059
17-04-2010, 00:59
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Well, you can't blame OVH for shooting yourself in the foot of course. You made a promise to (potential) clients based on a suppliers promise, with whom you don't have a prior working relation with. That's simply business no-no.
Although you are right and I wont argue it....I just gave OVH the benefit of the doubt since they were an established company. I wasn't aware of these forums at the time and didn't know they had a very large resume of doing things such as this in the past (unfulfillable promises). All I knew about OVH is that they seemed to have several happy clients (from what i've seen on other forums) and have over 75,000 servers. I figured if they said something, such as accepting USA clients, they would be true to their word and make it happen. I couldn't see how they could have 75,000 servers if they were too flaky.

Myatu
16-04-2010, 14:34
We made a lot of promises, and even advertised, that we would have servers in this location.
Well, you can't blame OVH for shooting yourself in the foot of course. You made a promise to (potential) clients based on a suppliers promise, with whom you don't have a prior working relation with. That's simply business no-no.

Speedy059
16-04-2010, 12:26
I'm fine with them taking their time. I just wish Octave didn't tell me it would be available for us to order 3-4 months ago. We made a lot of promises, and even advertised, that we would have servers in this location. This was very bad PR that they had us commit on false promises.

Snarkyone
16-04-2010, 02:34
They have been talking about setting up service to the US for over a year now....so glad I didn't hold my breath.

elvis1
06-04-2010, 18:55
most likely something like Q4 2010 or Q1 2011 ( just guessing)

Speedy059
06-04-2010, 11:13
I have emailed ovi.ie and they haven't responded to me yet. I guess they don't have a rough estimate of when they will be accepting North American clients quite yet.

elvis1
02-04-2010, 19:53
guys please post US updates here as it means a lot

thanks

S0phie
02-04-2010, 19:16
Please contact ovh.ie for any questions you may have related to US/CA. Here in UK we will not manage it at all.

Razakel
02-04-2010, 19:11
Question: Will USA clients be able to buy RIPE IP blocks even though we are located in Europe?
RIPE blocks can be assigned to anyone.

The only requirement for RIPE membership (i.e. being an LIR yourself and obtaining your own RIPE blocks). For that you need to have an address in Europe (some Asian and Middle Eastern countries are also covered by RIPE).

turbanator
02-04-2010, 16:42
Question: Will USA clients be able to buy RIPE IP blocks even though we are located in Europe?
wont there be any taxes ? :/

Speedy059
02-04-2010, 11:11

Speedy059
02-04-2010, 07:04
Why would they charge clients outside of Europe the VAT? That would be dishonest as they would keep the full amount.

turbanator
01-04-2010, 16:38
They don't have an office in the US, so it would be tax free I'd presume.
ovh without taxes :O impossible

Myatu
01-04-2010, 16:16
They don't have an office in the US, so it would be tax free I'd presume.

turbanator
01-04-2010, 15:59
what about taxes..wud it be vat or wud local tax rates apply to orders?

Jerky_san
01-04-2010, 15:45
hehe I don't care if they are still just setting up as long as I can get one =)

nirajshah7
01-04-2010, 15:20
Got reply from ovh.ie... they are still working on accepting orders from US/CAN...

Jerky_san
01-04-2010, 13:48
Email sent ^_^;

S0phie
01-04-2010, 12:30
Quote Originally Posted by nirajshah7
and what about Canada?
Our Irish subsidiary will also support Canada

nirajshah7
01-04-2010, 12:29
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
OVH.ie will be supporting US customers, you should send an email to customersupport@ovh.ie if you are interested.
and what about Canada?

Neil
01-04-2010, 12:08
So I guess this whole USA thing was a just a bluff....ooook...
OVH.ie will be supporting US customers, you should send an email to customersupport@ovh.ie if you are interested.

Speedy059
01-04-2010, 11:57
So I guess this whole USA thing was a just a bluff....ooook...

Myatu
29-03-2010, 14:31
That's still smaller than 60,000 sq m But that 10.6 acres is just land coverage, usable space is 10,000 sq m. If you'd go by land coverage, then Saunderton is almost 5x larger at 48 acres.

derchris
28-03-2010, 23:15
Curious... Europe's largest data center is in Frankfurt at 60,000 sq m, who's owner is currently building a data center at Staunton, High Wycombe at 37,000 sq m. I'm not sure how the Russian data center at 10,000 sq m makes it the largest of Europe?
10.6 acres = 42 896.6781 sq m

Myatu
28-03-2010, 21:42
Curious... Europe's largest data center is in Frankfurt at 60,000 sq m, who's owner is currently building a data center at Staunton, High Wycombe at 37,000 sq m. I'm not sure how the Russian data center at 10,000 sq m makes it the largest of Europe?

uzadmin
28-03-2010, 20:46
The thing is, OVH isn't a wholesale business (and so doesn't deal with "exclusive resellers" like you're pinning your hopes on). OVH is the Walmart of hosting...

But anyway, you won't accomplish much discussing it here. Send an e-mail to oles@ovh.net - he's the one that decides (not the Lithuania office or UK office).
about walmart you are right at 100%. We have studied the OVH and naturally all the letters we sent a copy to oles@ovh.net and oles@ovh.com, but we can not answered. Russia a promising market, and data centers are growing like mushrooms after rain. and soon in Moscow will complete the largest data center in Europe http://www.isgr.ru/en/about/press/re...ex.php?id4=253

Myatu
28-03-2010, 11:59
The thing is, OVH isn't a wholesale business (and so doesn't deal with "exclusive resellers" like you're pinning your hopes on). OVH is the Walmart of hosting...

But anyway, you won't accomplish much discussing it here. Send an e-mail to oles@ovh.net - he's the one that decides (not the Lithuania office or UK office).

uzadmin
28-03-2010, 10:34
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
They dont like giving discounts as there prices are cheap enuf...or should i say WHERE cheap enuf!
discounts to wholesalers are all and always. but not the point. we would like to submit OVH in Russia. buy domain ovh.su. Engineers found. agreed with the programmers. prepared all the bureaucratic procedures. and much more. not to go empty-handed to ovh. but we were told that all this will be only at the end of 2010.

slayer2005
27-03-2010, 21:02
Quote Originally Posted by uzadmin
We made for the administration OVH good proposal for a partnership in Russia. We were sent to the head of Lithuania. Result:
After seven weeks of correspondence we received a promise "for several weeks, we will launch a payment system available for your country." But this is just empty promises. We have not even been able to get 1% affiliate discount. I do not understand how they want to accept payments without registration entity.
If you are interested, please contact me
They dont like giving discounts as there prices are cheap enuf...or should i say WHERE cheap enuf!

mattb37
27-03-2010, 20:06
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
I've used RapidSwitch in the past and been very, very happy, having moved to OVH for cost reasons. If you submit a ticket, you're looking at 20 minute response time or thereabouts, not to mention a phone number that's manned 24/7.
Im pretty much the same with RS.

I have VPS's and colocation servers with RapidSwitch and they are brilliant. If you are a customer of RapidSwitch they really make OVH's support look poor and their network is great too but you certainly pay the price for all that extra. If OVH was anything like RapidSwitch for customer support they could be one of the best providers in Europe. When I submit tickets I normally get an answer within 10-15 minutes, if your server goes offline for a technical reason they will soon get it back up.

Like already said though, the price difference means everything to some of us. OVH have low cost servers and to keep the prices low other areas must suffer.

uzadmin
27-03-2010, 19:23
We made for the administration OVH good proposal for a partnership in Russia. We were sent to the head of Lithuania. Result:
After seven weeks of correspondence we received a promise "for several weeks, we will launch a payment system available for your country." But this is just empty promises. We have not even been able to get 1% affiliate discount. I do not understand how they want to accept payments without registration entity.
If you are interested, please contact me

Myatu
18-03-2010, 23:57
... And English isn't the first priority in France

IainK
18-03-2010, 13:35
There is no UK datacenter mhoj. Your server would be located in Roubaix, France.

mhoj
18-03-2010, 13:20
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
Hello,
We believe that in 2 weeks, we will be able to offer a "trusted" service
accepted manually to all customers who can not order
from OVH right now. Once a client is "trusted" they may
order the same way as any client. It will take the
same time attaching these clients from our affiliates who know
best how to manage these customers. For example, IE / UK to USA / CA, for RU
LT, PT or ES for BR to AR.
Im not quite sure if this means that 'everyone' can apply to be 'trusted' or it is just from the countries mentioned?

Does it mean that we can order from OVH directly (if being accepted as 'trusted') or do we still have to use a reseller?

I would like to order from Denmark, and would have no problem being located in the UK data center (or for that matter, any other country whos staff can write in english).

Razakel
11-03-2010, 19:32
I've used RapidSwitch in the past and been very, very happy, having moved to OVH for cost reasons. If you submit a ticket, you're looking at 20 minute response time or thereabouts, not to mention a phone number that's manned 24/7.

Euan
11-03-2010, 18:53
Quote Originally Posted by gangsta
Why don't you try www.rapidswitch.com - they have great network and costumer support as far as I know.
Moreover, as every "normal" datacenter, they offer free real KVM session once a month and their bandwidth limits are the same as OVHs.
This is what I am looking at for another solution I will be doing shortly, mainly due to their SLA's and the fact that they are owned by the iomart hosting group which owns I think 6 datacenters here in the UK.

yatesco
11-03-2010, 18:48
The problem that I face is that we need to get a /24 block of IP's that we can use on more than 1 server. How much do these companies charge for /24 block that you mentioned?
I have around 16 IP address and they charge a couple of quid extra - give them a call - they are all very keen to do deals.

Speedy059
11-03-2010, 16:56
The problem that I face is that we need to get a /24 block of IP's that we can use on more than 1 server. How much do these companies charge for /24 block that you mentioned?

yatesco
11-03-2010, 09:24
Quote Originally Posted by gangsta
Why don't you try www.rapidswitch.com - they have great network and costumer support as far as I know.
Moreover, as every "normal" datacenter, they offer free real KVM session once a month and their bandwidth limits are the same as OVHs.
I also have accounts with redstation and littleowlhosting. I have also been with memset. Both redstation and littleowlhosting offer permanent network connected KVM with virtual media - it is literally like you are sitting in front of the machine. The only issue with littleowlhosting is that their network tends to be 1MBs upload/download.

I can recommend any of the above with the network caveat@littleowlhosting. All three of them have pandered to my requests for a custom setup and all three of them have gone above and beyond in terms of support. Price is higher than OVH, for sure (but not that much) but the amount of time I have spent not having to get things working makes up for that in spades.

For example, I have 4x300GB SAS drives in RAID1 on dual Xeon@55xx with 16GB RAM for about 300/month with redstation (month by month contract). For littleowlhosting I have a HP GL380 G6 - 4x300SAS disks, 1 500GB SATA RAID 10 *with BBU*, dual Xeon@55xx with 16GB RAM for 300/month.

There are deals out there - contact the people by phone as they always give better deals than on their web.

I did consider rapidswitch but they said they couldn't offer virtual media with their KVM solution and I would need to send in a USB stick

ukservers.com are also worth a look - they quoted about 300 a month for similar specs as above with permanent KVM with virtual media.

gangsta
11-03-2010, 07:25

Speedy059
11-03-2010, 01:08
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
And we were moaning about a £49.99 setup fee, when you sign up for a month there its £99!!!

The specs dont look as good as OVHs for the price either.
Don't get me wrong, we'll try OVH as well when they decide to open it. We have no choice since OVH will not allow orders from USA as promised.

rickyday
10-03-2010, 21:28
We decided to go with uk2.net. There new server offerings are very competitive.

http://www.uk2.net/dedicated-servers...cated-hosting/

And their /24 blocks are half of what ovh charges. Thanks guys for the information.
And we were moaning about a £49.99 setup fee, when you sign up for a month there its £99!!!

The specs dont look as good as OVHs for the price either.

Euan
10-03-2010, 12:08
UK2 network is pretty awful, OVH have a great European network.

Speedy059
10-03-2010, 10:27
We decided to go with uk2.net. There new server offerings are very competitive.

http://www.uk2.net/dedicated-servers...cated-hosting/

And their /24 blocks are half of what ovh charges. Thanks guys for the information.

gangsta
10-03-2010, 10:09
I can confirm that the only advantage of OVH is the price.
You can't take anything what Octave said serious, because if he say "within 1-2 week" it would be most probably 3-6 months. Moreover if something wouldn't go as you want support response time is also quite poor and let's say when one of your clients is making sth bad on his vps (let's say he's spaming around) - most often they suspend your server first and then contact you that you have to reinstall it (and when you're luckly enough they let you make a backup copy), but wait a moment...reinstalling solve every problem? I guess there are many other solutions.
As Myatu said you better get prepared that every important policy changes won't be followed directly to your mailbox, but all you have to do is to check their forums as often as you could to grab news.
I suggest you to rethink all your plans about OVH. It's all good unless sth goes wrong on your side...

Speedy059
10-03-2010, 07:20
I don't understand why Octave would tell me in a email 2 months ago that we could order servers within 1 week. We took his word as a electronic verbal contract and planned to have servers here and revealed the news to our clients and potential clients. By ignoring our request to get more information on how to order servers, after 2 months have passed, questions the integrity of this company.

If the owner says that we can order in 1-2 weeks (2 months ago), and then to see that the staff have no knowledge of this is beyond me. I would assume that the economic principle of "diminishing returns" is in full affect here. As I'm assuming there is too many OVH employees, to many that proper communication cannot be dispatched clear enough for everyone to understand. Thus making it impossible for this company to do things in a timely manner as projected by the CEO. I'm making an assumption they have enough employees since many of them talk about it, but can get enough correlation to act on it. Quite sad that a CEO can have a vision of business growth but then to be stalled by his/her own staff? Diminishing returns is an obstacle that every business faces when they get big enough as it requires bigger efforts to accomplish small tasks.

elvis1
09-03-2010, 04:47
Maybe read what Myatu said above? He is one of the most respected members on this forum (in my opinion anyways)[/B]
+1

RapidSpeeds
08-03-2010, 19:11
Quote Originally Posted by Jerky_san
If ovh goes through with the move to the US I hope I can get in since I've been needing a nice server from ovh to host my sites.. I'm getting tired of shared hosting..
Maybe read what Myatu said above? He is one of the most respected members on this forum (in my opinion anyways)

Jerky_san
08-03-2010, 17:29
If ovh goes through with the move to the US I hope I can get in since I've been needing a nice server from ovh to host my sites.. I'm getting tired of shared hosting..

Myatu
28-02-2010, 18:25
If you are looking to plan ahead with OVH, then I suggest you don't. OVH is suffering from poor planning, which makes it hard for it to live up to its promised deadlines (some things supposedly available within "a few weeks" have been promised as far back as 2008); if things do become available, OVH tends to change it frequently and generally on extremely short notice (or without any notice at all). This is why I have refrained from using OVH for business purposes and merely use it for leisure (for which it's great).

Speedy059
28-02-2010, 17:37
Because I want to know if it's on the backburner or if it's something that is really happening within a week or so. Octave told me in an email a month ago it would be ready 3 weeks ago.

In order to plan our business model, this is important information I must have. And I can't get this information of the forum since everything is speculative.

RapidSpeeds
28-02-2010, 17:13
Is there an OVH forum moderator that can provide me an email to a sales representative that could answer my questions about the USA openings? To much speculation on the forums from both users and moderators.
Why do you need to ask every day or two? Have patience, you will know as soon as everyone else does.

Good things come to those who wait

Speedy059
28-02-2010, 05:46
Is there an OVH forum moderator that can provide me an email to a sales representative that could answer my questions about the USA openings? To much speculation on the forums from both users and moderators.

Myatu
22-02-2010, 20:47
Quote Originally Posted by godfather
whats the deal here? Just please tell us a round about... 2nd quarter? 3rd quarter?
It'll be in the 3rd quarter of the century at latest, so quite soon™

Actually, this is what's been said about, which should satisfy any future questions of "when" or "ballpark figure":

When we have news we will let you all know on the forum when we start accepting orders.

godfather
22-02-2010, 19:57
whats the deal here? Just please tell us a round about... 2nd quarter? 3rd quarter?

Speedy059
22-02-2010, 08:18
server.lu wants 500Euros for a /24 block of IP's!!!

turbanator
22-02-2010, 05:24
Quote Originally Posted by Lilpaul340
Yeah, Routing is superb also.
oh defo my first server was from them windows 2008 too and 2TB limit needed to run a small site and damn their routing to everywhere was good and support on the ball so for LOW bw options they are definitely my choice anything higher gotta go with ovh :P

Lilpaul340
21-02-2010, 18:39
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
that is really nothing their 100Mbps plans are ideal for that Hell i would recommend LW better support way better and u get 4TB default anyways with any of their plans and always options to upgrade

Yeah, Routing is superb also.

turbanator
21-02-2010, 17:42
Thanks for the info about server.lu, they have very competitive pricing.

"However, if you need to run applications with high bandwidth utilisation, please contact us at support@server.lu, and we can arrange a separate redundant dedicated line for you. Pricing upon demand. "

I'm not sure if I understand that from them, our servers use about 4-6TB/mo in bandwidth and not sure if that is considered "high bandwidth" by them.

that is really nothing their 100Mbps plans are ideal for that Hell i would recommend LW better support way better and u get 4TB default anyways with any of their plans and always options to upgrade

Speedy059
21-02-2010, 07:48
Quote Originally Posted by Lilpaul340
Try keyweb,leaseweb,server.lu
Thanks for the info about server.lu, they have very competitive pricing.

"However, if you need to run applications with high bandwidth utilisation, please contact us at support@server.lu, and we can arrange a separate redundant dedicated line for you. Pricing upon demand. "

I'm not sure if I understand that from them, our servers use about 4-6TB/mo in bandwidth and not sure if that is considered "high bandwidth" by them.

Lilpaul340
21-02-2010, 03:11
We don't really want transit as it will be for European clients. Yes we want OVH servers, however doesn't mean we want to stream bandwidth from USA to OVH or visa-versa. If that was the case, we wouldn't want servers in OVH if we needed to serve bandwidth to clients in the USA. That would make absolutely no sense when we can get far better bandwidth latency here locally. We are trying to please our clients in Europe, which would mean the transit would be no different from your server, or anyone elses.

With the higher currency rate exchange, it would make no sense for us to buy OVH servers to stream bandwidth to the USA....be in our best interest to buy locally. I'm pretty confident OVH already knows this scenario, which is why they are opening up to other countries.
Try keyweb,leaseweb,server.lu

Speedy059
21-02-2010, 00:40
We don't really want transit as it will be for European clients. Yes we want OVH servers, however doesn't mean we want to stream bandwidth from USA to OVH or visa-versa. If that was the case, we wouldn't want servers in OVH if we needed to serve bandwidth to clients in the USA. That would make absolutely no sense when we can get far better bandwidth latency here locally. We are trying to please our clients in Europe, which would mean the transit would be no different from your server, or anyone elses.

With the higher currency rate exchange, it would make no sense for us to buy OVH servers to stream bandwidth to the USA....be in our best interest to buy locally. I'm pretty confident OVH already knows this scenario, which is why they are opening up to other countries.

elvis1
20-02-2010, 19:26
I ask myself how they will solve (pay) so much transit. US clients will eat transit like hamburguers

turbanator
20-02-2010, 05:12
I believe you or someone else said that already. That being said, does anyone at OVH know *when* or can provide an eta? Is this even being worked on? (To allow US clients)
speedy i wud safely assume to look somewhere else if u have a lot of US clients..having ovh servers adds a lot of frustration with their support it is not quick and dilligent as the US side..and i don't think this US and worldwide orders would be any sooner may be a month or more

Speedy059
20-02-2010, 03:12
When we have news we will let you all know on the forum when we start accepting orders.
I believe you or someone else said that already. That being said, does anyone at OVH know *when* or can provide an eta? Is this even being worked on? (To allow US clients)

Neil
18-02-2010, 17:09
Quote Originally Posted by turbanator
fozle please give an update for everyone so that we all know the progress thanks and although i am not in a hurry as speedy is here i would appreciate it if not only US but also when canada can order wud be revealed thanks

turbanator
17-02-2010, 01:43
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
Yes, please wait longer, I'll try and get a more precise eta than "soon" this week.
fozle please give an update for everyone so that we all know the progress thanks and although i am not in a hurry as speedy is here i would appreciate it if not only US but also when canada can order wud be revealed thanks

Speedy059
16-02-2010, 21:23
Fozle,

I appreciate that and I hope someone can give you some more information on this.

Thanks!

fozl
16-02-2010, 09:55
Yes, please wait longer, I'll try and get a more precise eta than "soon" this week.

Speedy059
15-02-2010, 20:13
If there is no ETA, would it be safe to assume that the setup/configuration needed in your billing software to allow us to order has not begun to be changed for us? I just need to know if we should wait longer or not as we have clients pestering about this daily.

iFly55
14-02-2010, 02:23
We are suffering at the hands of overpriced resellers who lack support and integrity; and grow impatient from waiting, it's been 20 days since the announcement; and we've yet to see any updates as to how ovh is going to execute this program

godfather
13-02-2010, 23:21
Quote Originally Posted by speedy059
can someone from ovh confirm if this will be available within 1 week? We were told it would be ready this week for us to purchase from, but that isn't the case. We need to know so we can purchase servers from here or from the other company we have been in contact with.
ditto!

Myatu
13-02-2010, 15:21
Very Soon*

* "Very Soon" is guaranteed to arrive between now and the end of time with a higher chance of arriving on the "now" half of the time table.

Speedy059
13-02-2010, 02:09
Can someone from OVH confirm if this will be available within 1 week? We were told it would be ready this week for us to purchase from, but that isn't the case. We need to know so we can purchase servers from here or from the other company we have been in contact with.

Myatu
12-02-2010, 11:20
The abbreviations are running amok now.

S0phie
12-02-2010, 08:47
Quote Originally Posted by unleached
Does this include NO - Norway?
No plan for NO yet but we'll keep you update on the forum.

Speedy059
12-02-2010, 05:17
"TEAR DOWN THAT WALL!!!" - lol

elvis1
11-02-2010, 18:58
OPEN THE GATES ( shouts like in Berlin circa 1989).. the pressure was so much that they had to finally open the gates and all was much much better... they started signing contracts for peering agreements and had PB pf BW for pennies

unleached
11-02-2010, 11:08
Does this include NO - Norway?

fozl
11-02-2010, 09:15
Yes, we have noticed the requests for Australia and NZ.

OVHelp
10-02-2010, 21:23
Still suggesting that countries like New Zealand and Australia should atleast be able to purchase...

Winit
10-02-2010, 20:28
they all went down for a year
Prove it.

uzadmin
10-02-2010, 19:48
please talk about other topic.
offtop

derchris
10-02-2010, 17:14
Fact is that the "Copyright owner" needs to go to court where the "Offending user" is located.
There is currently a case, MPAA vs. Newzbin, as they are in the UK, this is dealt with in London at the moment.

Speedy059
10-02-2010, 03:02
Ok - Lets just focus on OVH Sales team allowing these mentioned countries having the ability to order.

Myatu
10-02-2010, 00:04
Well, being smart is relative of course

I was talking about the legal status of a DMCA notice within Europe - not European equivalents such as the EUCD and laws based thereon (under which IFPI filed their case against TPB).

RapidSpeeds
09-02-2010, 20:50
Myatu, I always thought you were smart, Winit I can take for an ídíót as he obviously doesn't have a clue as they all went down for a year, but you, come on man - you know how it works.. these countries all collaborate with each other now - and the French have the exact same law the BPI have arranged with most our ISPs: french isp law

Myatu
09-02-2010, 20:17
DMCA isn't enforcable outside the USA. That's why they had to get courts in numerous countries (wherever TPB had its servers for the week )

Winit
09-02-2010, 20:14
why they are maybe all in jail?
They aren't in jail.

RapidSpeeds
09-02-2010, 19:30
Quote Originally Posted by Euan
Just because they sell in that market does not mean they need to answer DMCA's etc as they are US based documents not valid in Europe as far as I am aware?
Ask TPB how that fight went - why they are maybe all in jail?

RapidSpeeds
09-02-2010, 19:17
nah I find it healthy competition

I am personally glad OVH are expanding the market - means customers will get a fair deal.

That said, let's see if OVH can beat £10 a month for a managed server, or charge you triple that on top of your server to keep it maintained - and considering we have been around since October 2003, I doubt we are a here today, gone tommorow company

Speedy059
09-02-2010, 19:16
And I don't understand the fuss over the 49.95 setup fee. That is nothing when you take into consideration the overall price of the server each month. These servers are literally dirt cheap and cannot be found anywhere else. Which is why I'm assuming people would rather complain than change providers, since they can't change providers unless they want to pay more.

Lilpaul340
09-02-2010, 17:45
We have purposely waited until they offer services to USA, the last thing we want to do is order from a reseller who wont be around tomorrow and cost us thousands in damages. Not sure why people would be mad about new territories being offered. Simply change your business model and offer more services than OVH to the client.
I agree.

Speedy059
09-02-2010, 16:56
I am interested in seeing if there will be a pricing difference to US residence for the lack of VAT.
Most companies don't charge USA clients a VAT simply because it doesn't apply to them. If they do charge a VAT, then they are taking full 15-20% profit.

godfather
09-02-2010, 16:54
We have purposely waited until they offer services to USA, the last thing we want to do is order from a reseller who wont be around tomorrow and cost us thousands in damages. Not sure why people would be mad about new territories being offered. Simply change your business model and offer more services than OVH to the client.
Which is exactly what a "reseller" should be doing in the first place. Although, this is not the case when it comes to resellers of OVH products. They take advantage of the client through price jacking and non-existent support. I am interested in seeing if there will be a pricing difference to US residence for the lack of VAT.

Speedy059
09-02-2010, 16:49
yeah brilliant - another reseller that has to start reselling at a fair rate. ha.

Speedy059
09-02-2010, 16:48
Yeah brilliant, put setup fee's and then start selling to other countries to make more profit as it finally dawns upon you that ovh ain't selling as many boxes as anticipated - selling to the usa market is gonna be a dangerous game for ovh, watch out for RIAA/DMCA/MPAA notices that come flooding in
I'm sure it hurts OVH's network when a lot of clients use their servers to upload/download copyrighted torrents all day.

BTW, they don't have to sell to the USA to receive DMCA complaints. They could still sell to 1 country and receive them. I don't quite understand your point.

godfather
09-02-2010, 16:01
yeah brilliant - another reseller that has to start reselling at a fair rate. ha.

Euan
09-02-2010, 16:00
Just because they sell in that market does not mean they need to answer DMCA's etc as they are US based documents not valid in Europe as far as I am aware?

RapidSpeeds
09-02-2010, 15:47
Yeah brilliant, put setup fee's and then start selling to other countries to make more profit as it finally dawns upon you that ovh ain't selling as many boxes as anticipated - selling to the usa market is gonna be a dangerous game for ovh, watch out for RIAA/DMCA/MPAA notices that come flooding in

S0phie
09-02-2010, 14:32
It will be for businesses/individuals. I understand that you are all looking forward to buy our servers from US/Canada etc....but we don't have any update so far. We will get back to you as soon as we get more details.

godfather
09-02-2010, 14:21
i am VERY interested in purchasing direct from OVH. I am currently through a reseller and hope to get in on the "beta/trusted" batch. please let me know if there is anything i should
do now to make purchasing/verification easier?

turbanator
09-02-2010, 12:55
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
Octave gave us your email and asked us to contact you personnally as soon as we accept orders from US
do u know when we can order from canada and is it only for businesses?

S0phie
09-02-2010, 10:43
Octave told me in an email it would be this week. Would you happen to know if I need to contact your sales team and submit our business information? We can fax our business registration and our federal tax ID from the USA. I hope it would approve us quicker.
Octave gave us your email and asked us to contact you personnally as soon as we accept orders from US

Neil
09-02-2010, 09:29
Octave told me in an email it would be this week. Would you happen to know if I need to contact your sales team and submit our business information? We can fax our business registration and our federal tax ID from the USA. I hope it would approve us quicker.
Not yet, we will let you know on this forum when everything is in place.

Speedy059
08-02-2010, 22:10
We don't know yet when you will be able to order from these countries. All we can say right now is to check our forum time to time for any update.

S0phie
08-02-2010, 12:19
We don't know yet when you will be able to order from these countries. All we can say right now is to check our forum time to time for any update.

Lilpaul340
08-02-2010, 00:37
Will these countries be able to order sometime this week?
Yeah I'm waiting for the answer too.

Speedy059
07-02-2010, 20:57
Will these countries be able to order sometime this week?

fozl
03-02-2010, 12:16
Exactly, discerning the information is what counts. "Grammer" being a prime example I'll keep quiet now...
Touché.

Myatu
03-02-2010, 11:48
Exactly, discerning the information is what counts. "Grammer" being a prime example I'll keep quiet now...

fozl
03-02-2010, 10:31
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Ah but mine is a UK server from a UK website with UK support

I also have a friend who is fluent in French and can translate if needed.
Fair enough Andy, but please don't be rude to people speaking in bad english or googled sentences on the forum. We want to keep the place welcoming to everyone, no matter the language skill, so long as we can discern the information, the grammer is unimportant. Especially on a thread discussing new subsidiaries like the US, CA, BR, RU, MA and TN.

Myatu
03-02-2010, 10:25
Can I suggest you learn proper English before posting here...
Oh dear! You wouldn't tell Oles that, would you?

Quote Originally Posted by iFly55
letting google translate for you, may cost you your business
Oh dear, oh dear! Too late for that, mate. This place is Google-translate riddled...

Quote Originally Posted by uzadmin
WHMCS.
Oh Good Lord! WHMCS = bad. SOAP = good. Why? Because each knucklehead who knows how to move a mouse from the left to right will install WHMCS and start reselling services. But when something breaks...

See, the SOAP requires a fairly good understanding of server management, Linux and/or Windows, and programming skills. I know, an odd thing to expect from a sysadmin...

uzadmin
03-02-2010, 10:05
great idea

my opinion a huge market share hosting and dedicated servers in Europe operated system WHMCS. and if OVH will not only API, but also provide ready-made module to integrate their services to this remarkable system. The result OVH be able to increase profits at the expense of a large number of customers in the world. and reduce costs for first-line technical support, you have a clear advantage over the rest - easy system management servers and affordable prices. Besides it, you'll be the first who will do it

greetings from Russia

Neil
03-02-2010, 09:24
Hi jucimar

See post above, http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?...0&postcount=16

iFly55
02-02-2010, 22:56
OVH services have finally crossed the pond! I too am interested in OVH services being available in Canada.

What will the Canadian/American domain be? OVH.net?

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley
So do I, her name is Google
i'd rather spend time using a dictionary + verb conjugator to convey a message

letting google translate for you, may cost you your business

Ashley
02-02-2010, 20:32

So do I, her name is Google

Andy
02-02-2010, 20:18

Ashley
02-02-2010, 20:15
hi im from uk you may much to supply server ovh from but can not because english not language mine.

Give him some credit he is from Brazil. Please learn French before using a French server :P oui?

Andy
02-02-2010, 20:12
hi im from uk you may much to supply server ovh from but can not because english not language mine.

jucimar
02-02-2010, 19:35
hello i am from Brazil and need much of a server you may already provide service to me?

Lilpaul340
29-01-2010, 19:08
I think you will still have to validate your account via SMS activation but we do not have any confirmation yet.

However, for all questions related to BR I would suggest you to deal directly with our Portuguese colleagues

http://www.ovh.pt/espacoclientes/suporte/
http://forum.ovh.pt/
What will the USA Doman name be?

view
29-01-2010, 10:32
Add Serbia or give me to resell for you?

Rilly
28-01-2010, 22:26
As someone from Canada, this is great news.. I pay quarterly for a server I was able to order when Canada was accepted (for over 18 months now), so hopefully I would be able to continue ordering from OVH now

I'll be able to stop the "lets test THIS resellers response time" game!

S0phie
28-01-2010, 16:23
how is the form for users BR pay PT for OVH, not necessary sms activation?
I think you will still have to validate your account via SMS activation but we do not have any confirmation yet.

However, for all questions related to BR I would suggest you to deal directly with our Portuguese colleagues

http://www.ovh.pt/espacoclientes/suporte/
http://forum.ovh.pt/

huno
28-01-2010, 15:23
how is the form for users BR pay PT for OVH, not necessary sms activation?

MicroChip123
28-01-2010, 13:17
Resellers will not be very happy.

Also will there be USA IP's?

Lilpaul340
28-01-2010, 12:32
This is a bit exciting.

elvis1
27-01-2010, 16:35
Quote Originally Posted by OVHelp
Add AUSTRALIA!
they could peer with google's unity cable

Razakel
27-01-2010, 11:51
Quote Originally Posted by OVHelp
Add AUSTRALIA!
AU's a complete bugger to route to, what with being in the middle of nowhere and all.

OVHelp
27-01-2010, 09:38
Add AUSTRALIA!

Myatu
27-01-2010, 09:23
Par exemple, IE/UK pour USA/CA, LT pour
RU, PT pour BR ou ES pour AR.
"For example, Ireland / United Kindom for the United States / Canada, Lithuania for Russia, Portugal for Brazil or Spain for Argentina".

That's how I read it...

elvis1
27-01-2010, 07:39
Bonjour,
En 2009, Ovh a fait plusieurs nouvelles filiales. Ça a été une
année très rapide et nous allons passer une bonne partie de
2010 à intégrer dans le cosmos d'Ovh toutes ces nouvelles équipes.
Le but est d'intégrer dans nos réflexions (qu'on partage régulièrement
avec vous mais aussi dans toutes les filiales) le feedback généré
localement dans ces nouvelles filiales. Puis d'en tenir compte dans
la mise en place de nouveaux services afin de faire profiter l'ensemble
de nos clients de toutes ces nouvelles idées. Ce travail là va prendre
un certain temps, car nous avons grossit très rapidement et il faut
prendre le temps ... Et il nous reste de 2009, 3 pays à finir: MA, TN
et SN. C'est en cours ...

Pendant ce temps là de la digestion, on souhaite rester active au
niveau d'évolution d'Ovh à l'international. On prévoit vers la fin 2010
début 2011, le redémarrage de l'usine à copier les filiales. Le but
est donc de préparer le terrain de nouvelles vagues de création de
filiales en Europe (dans les pays où nous ne sommes pas encore
présents) mais surtout au niveau de RU, BR et USA.

Nous allons donc modifier nos procédures internes afin de "truster"
manuellement certains clients de ces pays (cas par cas) afin de
préparer avec eux ces marchés qu'on souhaite attaquer dans moins d'1 an.
Attaquer, oui cool, on n'est pas violent ... puis il faudra construire
les datacentres plus près de ces clients là, mais c'est une autre partie
du problème ... On va vous présenter une solution dans l'Ovh Mag ...

On pense que dans 2 semaines, on saura capable de proposer un service
de "trustage" manuel de tous les clients qui ne peuvent pas commander
pour l'instant chez Ovh. Une fois qu'un client est "trusted" il pourra
commander de la même manière que n'importe lequel client. On va en
même temps attacher ces clients par rapport à nos filiales qui savent
le mieux gérer ces clients là. Par exemple, IE/UK pour USA/CA, LT pour
RU,
PT pour BR ou ES pour AR.

Amicalement
Octave

the abbreviated countries either share : proximity (geo) and /or language ( BR and AR can´t be Armenia)

elvis1
27-01-2010, 07:37
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/.ar

Ashley
26-01-2010, 22:49
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
how is AR ( Argentina attached to this) ?please expand

thanks
Armenia maybe?

elvis1
26-01-2010, 21:41
how is AR ( Argentina attached to this) ?please expand

thanks

Razakel
26-01-2010, 20:15
Attack, so cool, it is not violent ... then it will build
the data centers closer to the customers there, but that's another part
the problem ... We'll present a solution in the OVH Mag ...
So an Asian and/or American datacenter is in the pipeline? Nice!

derchris
26-01-2010, 19:53
OVH is expanding to markets where it was not possible to order before.
And this will be by doing additional checks for those who which to order.
Once their approval has been given, they can order from OVH.
But this looks like it is bound to be on a per user basis.
Looks like a lot of work for the Customer support team

MicroChip123
26-01-2010, 19:34
Hello,
In 2009, OVH has several new subsidiaries. It was a
years very fast and we'll spend a good part of
2010 to integrate into the cosmos Ovh all these new teams.
The goal is to integrate into our thinking (which regularly shares
with you but in all the subsidiaries) feedback generated
locally in these new subsidiaries. Then taken into account in
the introduction of new services in order to avail all
our customers of all these new ideas. This work is going to take
some time because we grow very rapidly and we must
take time ... And we still in 2009, finishing in 3 countries: MA, TN
and SN. In progress ...

Meanwhile digestion, we want to remain active
level of evolution Ovh abroad. It is expected towards the end of 2010
early 2011, the restart of the plant to copy subsidiaries. The purpose
is to pave the way for new waves of creation
subsidiaries in Europe (in countries where we do not
present) but also at UK, USA and BR.

We are going to change our internal procedures to "trust"
manually some customers in these countries (case by case) to
prepare them with these markets being targeted for attack in less than 1 year.
Attack, so cool, it is not violent ... then it will build
the problem ... We'll present a solution in the OVH Mag ...

We believe that in 2 weeks, we will able to offer a service
of "trustage" manual to all customers who can not control
for now at OVH. Once a client is "trusted" it may
Order the same way as any client. It goes
best manage these customers there. For example, IE / UK to USA / CA, for LT
UK, PT or ES for BR to AR.

Regards
Octave
That makes no sense can we have a better translation.

oles@ovh.net
26-01-2010, 18:58
Hello,

In 2009, OVH launched several new subsidiaries. It was a
year of very fast growth and we'll spend a good part of
2010 trying to integrate into the OVH cosmos all these new teams.
The goal is to integrate into our thoughts (thoughts which we regularly share
with you and all the subsidiaries) the feedback generated
locally from these new subsidiaries. Then, taking that into account with
the introduction of new services in order to avail all
our customers with the new ideas. This work is going to take
some time because since we are growing very rapidly, we must
take time ... And still, in 2009, having finished in 3 countries: MA, TN
and SN. whilst progressing ...

In the meantime, we want to stay active with regards to our
level of expansion of OVH abroad. It is expected towards the end of 2010
early 2011, to resume the creation of new subsidiaries. The purpose
is to pave the way for new waves of creation from the
subsidiaries in Europe (in countries where we do not
have a point of presence) but also in RU,USA and BR.

We are going to change our internal procedures to allow us to manually "trust"
some customers in these countries (judging on a case by case basis) to
prepare these markets we are targeting for attack in less than 1 year.
Attack, sounds cool, but not meant in a violent way... then we will build
of the problem ... We'll be presenting a solution in the OVH Mag ...

We believe that in 2 weeks, we will be able to offer a "trusted" service
accepted manually to all customers who can not order
from OVH right now. Once a client is "trusted" they may
order the same way as any client. It will take the
best how to manage these customers. For example, IE / UK to USA / CA, for RU
LT, PT or ES for BR to AR.

Regards
Octave