Thread: Problem [Email server]

RPS

Problem [Email server]

Hello,

i noticed a couple of times i am not receiving some emails from people
    i know that there mail server is working because they had to send it to my personal email address and some of these emails are important so is it the OVH mail server? or is it me? i need to sort this problem out ASAP

Regards,
    Danny,
    All help appreciated

Re: Problem [Email server]

Do you run your own e-mail server on a dedicated server or do you use OVH hosting?
    I am NOT an OVH staff member!
    █ I am NOT a reseller! Please do not ask.

0 servers with OVH (see why here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...let-me-explain)
    6 domains with OVH
    Windows Server Only User
    OVH Customer since Dec 2007

Tutorials and guides for Microsoft IIS 7.5
    Like testing betas? Get Windows 8 Betas plus more at BetaArchive.com

RPS

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    Do you run your own e-mail server on a dedicated server or do you use OVH hosting?
    OVH hosting

Do you have any filters setup, as described here? : http://help.ovh.co.uk/ConfigureFiltersOnServer

If not, some e-mail applications will automatically move mail suspected of spam to a "Junk" or "Spam" folder. Mozilla Thunderbird does this, for instance. Also, some anti-virus packages will do this as well, such as Symantec Internet Security -- you wouldn't even find the e-mail in your regular e-mail application. So double check the history of your anti-virus application, to see if it intercepted anything it might have found suspicious.

Lastly, if you suspect you're missing an e-mail and you're definitely sure that it was not intercepted by a spam filter / anti-virus on your end, then I'd ask the sender to re-send it to another e-mail account and forward it (along with the e-mail headers) to OVH Support so they can inspect their server logs to see if was indeed received but not delivered for some particular reason.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Visit my blog | Leave a PM | OVH SBL IP listing

RPS

Quote Originally Posted by Myatu View Post
    Do you have any filters setup, as described here? : http://help.ovh.co.uk/ConfigureFiltersOnServer

If not, some e-mail applications will automatically move mail suspected of spam to a "Junk" or "Spam" folder. Mozilla Thunderbird does this, for instance. Also, some anti-virus packages will do this as well, such as Symantec Internet Security -- you wouldn't even find the e-mail in your regular e-mail application. So double check the history of your anti-virus application, to see if it intercepted anything it might have found suspicious.

Lastly, if you suspect you're missing an e-mail and you're definitely sure that it was not intercepted by a spam filter / anti-virus on your end, then I'd ask the sender to re-send it to another e-mail account and forward it (along with the e-mail headers) to OVH Support so they can inspect their server logs to see if was indeed received but not delivered for some particular reason.
    only have antispam on (simple)
    Danny...

You should be able to redirect what OVH considers spam to another e-mail account (see the previous link I'd given). This may help with retrieving possible "false positives", which maybe the issue in your case.
    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Visit my blog | Leave a PM | OVH SBL IP listing

RPS

Quote Originally Posted by Myatu View Post
    You should be able to redirect what OVH considers spam to another e-mail account (see the previous link I'd given). This may help with retrieving possible "false positives", which maybe the issue in your case.
    thanks
    Danny...