We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Infinite guaranteed repair time?

Neil
09-04-2015, 12:10
Quote Originally Posted by xvd
Can anybody from OVH/SYS support clarify the difference between Level 1 and Level 2 intervention and why a supposedly better product (OVH) has worse parameters than SYS?
Hi the SoYouStart Servers are more basic so repairs are easier, Level 1 is hardware and Level 2 is anything, for example Networking or Software related issues.

xvd
08-04-2015, 14:10
Would anybody from the support care to weigh in?

Kode
27-03-2015, 09:07
Perhaps they actually keep to the times stated with OVH? In which case while it looks worse at first glance, would end up being better.

xvd
26-03-2015, 13:31
Can anybody from OVH/SYS support clarify the difference between Level 1 and Level 2 intervention and why a supposedly better product (OVH) has worse parameters than SYS?

xvd
24-03-2015, 21:21
Thanks for sharing your experience, Kamilleri.

Unfortunately, my recent experience is that SYS support is quite quick when there is a trivial solution (such as pressing the reboot button) but they are quite unresponsive when things are bit more complicated (for example I am dealing with server which is freezing and randomly rebooting). It takes days for them to reply and then it is usually a "stalling" question which I already answered and then again days and days waiting for a reply.

What is interesting is to compare the SLA for OVH and SYS:

Level 1 Intervention (GIT): 1 hour for both OVH and SYS
Level 1 Guaranteed repair time (GRT): GIT + 2 hours for OVH vs. GIT + 1 hour for SYS
Level 2 Intervention (GIT): 12 hours for OVH vs. 2 hours for SYS
Level 2 Guaranteed repair time (GRT): not defined for both OVH and SYS

So it looks like the hardware SLA is much better for SYS compared to OVH. Maybe I am missing something ...

Kamilleri
24-03-2015, 19:28
Quote Originally Posted by xvd
According to this - http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/e3-ssd-3.xml - there is no guaranteed repair time for Level 2 incidents.

Am I correct to assume that "Level 2" refers to any problem where the support requests the client to boot to rescue mode and run tests on port 81?

Does SYS have infinite amount of time to repair the server with no compensation to the client (i.e. the server is unusable but they happily keep the money paid for the server)?
As I understand, SYS's policy is:
They are trying their best, but can't hold any kind of fixed SLA on this type of hardware with current cost policy.
It's OK with most of small-middle sized projects.

But in my experience, they are trying to answer on critical hardware issue tickets rather quick (1-24 hours). Sometimes they answering a little longer. Usualy they are available at Monday to Friday, 9am to 6pm.

If you need guaranteed support, try to check out their flagman offers:
https://www.ovh.ie/

xvd
24-03-2015, 17:24
According to this - http://www.soyoustart.com/ie/offers/e3-ssd-3.xml - there is no guaranteed repair time for Level 2 incidents.

Am I correct to assume that "Level 2" refers to any problem where the support requests the client to boot to rescue mode and run tests on port 81?

Does SYS have infinite amount of time to repair the server with no compensation to the client (i.e. the server is unusable but they happily keep the money paid for the server)?