OVH Community, your new community space.

IP Transfers

Trapper
27-03-2015, 18:37
Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
I understand the last time I asked this, the answer was yes..... as OVH changes things often, best to ask again.

Can we still transfer FO IPs and Ripe blocks from Kimsufi servers to new OVH servers when they're all on the v3/v6 manager?
I did this about 2 weeks ago: From an "OVH KS Server" to a new OVH Host 32, so yes you can. Both of mine are in the v6 Manager, and I was able to transfer the Failover IP's back and forth.

Quote Originally Posted by LawsHosting
Also, why do OVH only offer SSDrives on the 'Storage' and 'Big Data'?
SSD's are available as options on the "Host" series. 3x300GB SSD's = extra 4.25 pcm.

HTH,

~Trap

alvaroag
25-03-2015, 21:53
For what I see on the website, they offer both conventional and solid state drives for Storage and Big Data.

LawsHosting
25-03-2015, 21:26
Also, why do OVH only offer SSDrives on the 'Storage' and 'Big Data'?

alvaroag
25-03-2015, 14:22
Old KS servers are managed from OVH Manager(not KS Manager), so they count as OVH servers. Then, you can move IPs between those and you OVH-branded servers. Remember you can never move the main IP for each server.

New KS don't have IP FO option, so there are no IPs to move.

LawsHosting
25-03-2015, 13:48
These are old Kimsufi's when they could have 3 FO + Ripes... I need to move to an OVH server (some would say I'm mad to!) soon, as what I'm paying now is more than a new OVH!

Criot
25-03-2015, 13:37
New Kimsufi servers don't have failover IPs and you can't transfer the main IP, not sure about the old ones but the easiest way to check would be to simply look in your manager, you can always cancel without completing any transfers.

LawsHosting
25-03-2015, 13:10
I understand the last time I asked this, the answer was yes..... as OVH changes things often, best to ask again.

Can we still transfer FO IPs and Ripe blocks from Kimsufi servers to new OVH servers when they're all on the v3/v6 manager?