OVH Community, your new community space.

Question about vmac

AlbaHost
29-05-2015, 21:57
No response*

AlbaHost
23-05-2015, 18:13
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
For what I see, Virtualizor runs on a Linux machine, so you can use shorewall to manage proxyarp rules between ovh network & your VMs
It's not working if you assign more than 1 IP to a vm which it need the same vmac on all assigned ips (existing mac) it may cause trouble.
So im still waiting a staff response about this question...

alvaroag
29-03-2015, 19:28
For what I see, Virtualizor runs on a Linux machine, so you can use shorewall to manage proxyarp rules between ovh network & your VMs

AlbaHost
29-03-2015, 15:08
We are using virtualizor, however its still bad because if you need to assign additional ip to VM you will need to use VM's existing mac to work. I just don't understand why a company such ovh cannot fix something like this to make to their customers easier work just like other companies do...

alvaroag
29-03-2015, 07:46
Quote Originally Posted by HostRange
Do you have any guides to do this?
Not exactly, but I wrote a post about that a while ago:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...ll=1#post70121

HostRange
29-03-2015, 00:54
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
To avoid the requirement of vmac, you can use proxyarp. It works on Proxmox, and probably on any KVM-based solution. Not sure about VMware. With proxyarp/proxyndp you can have control on how you delegate IPs to your VMs.
Do you have any guides to do this?

alvaroag
29-03-2015, 00:53
To avoid the requirement of vmac, you can use proxyarp. It works on Proxmox, and probably on any KVM-based solution. Not sure about VMware. With proxyarp/proxyndp you can have control on how you delegate IPs to your VMs.

HostRange
29-03-2015, 00:53
You can use the API to do it 5x faster (limited to 5 active requests). When you use that though the server does stop pining for 30+ seconds.

If you need to do lots of IPs at once you could get a script coded to use the API

AlbaHost
28-03-2015, 16:58
Im wonder if ovh is planning in near future to do something regarding virtual mac which we need to create it manually, and to prevent ping timeout to the whole server during creating/deleting virtual mac which is really bad at all...