OVH Community, your new community space.

Fail-over / Additional IP for cPanel in Virtual Machine

marks
15-04-2015, 11:29
ok, I reply to some of your questions:

Quote Originally Posted by Clarky
Hi all,
Secondly, would anyone advise how best to set up the virtual machine networking - NAT and forwarding, bridged or I use a bridged connection or a virtual only set up?
yes, as you've found out already, the normal recommended configuration is Bridge Networking:

http://docs.ovh.ca/en/guides-network-bridging.html

After reading in the forum, it seems I need to ignore the 'Failover IP' and make a request for the additional IP's.

I have raised a ticket requesting 4 additional IP's (ipv4).
Failover IPs and additional IPs are basically the same: extra public IPs.

Now just to wait for the additional 'free' IP's I require.
You can order the IPs you need at any time. Just place the order from the manager. Depending on the model, you'll need to pay only a setup fee or you may need to pay the setup + a monthly fee.

Let us know if you need anything else.

Clarky
14-04-2015, 12:06
After some further digging...

I have created a Virtual MAC in the SYS control panel. Assigned this in VirtualBox and on the CentOS network configuration.

It is now reachable by the new IP!

Now just to wait for the additional 'free' IP's I require.

Clarky
14-04-2015, 11:02
After reading in the forum, it seems I need to ignore the 'Failover IP' and make a request for the additional IP's.

I have raised a ticket requesting 4 additional IP's (ipv4).

May receive a quicker response here though, shall see what happens!

Clarky
14-04-2015, 10:46
Hi all,

I have Windows Server 2012 R2 on my SYS box. Within this I have setup a Virtual Machine (CentOS) which will operate cPanel.

In order to get setup, I want to order 4 additional IP's. (1 for the main OS and 4 for the virtual machine).

Firstly, can failover IP's be used in this way and if not can I purchase additional IP's?

Secondly, would anyone advise how best to set up the virtual machine networking - NAT and forwarding, bridged or I use a bridged connection or a virtual only set up?

Cheers,
John