We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

UK IP and VPN

Neil
17-04-2015, 11:31
Quote Originally Posted by Edwin
Hello My Friend .
Unfortually , All ( Or Most ) Uk Ip(s) From OVH Are Currently Not Showing The Right Country In GEOIP Databases ..
But as far as i know ; All ( Or Most ) Of Ip(s) From This Locations Are Showing The Right One = Netherlands,Spain,Germany,Lituania

Sorry For My Poor English , it's not my orginal language .
Do you have an example and also have you checked the RIPE Database at ripe.net ?

Edwin
16-04-2015, 16:41
Hello My Friend .
Unfortually , All ( Or Most ) Uk Ip(s) From OVH Are Currently Not Showing The Right Country In GEOIP Databases ..
But as far as i know ; All ( Or Most ) Of Ip(s) From This Locations Are Showing The Right One = Netherlands,Spain,Germany,Lituania

Sorry For My Poor English , it's not my orginal language .

alvaroag
15-04-2015, 17:56
That's right. Even when the IP WHOIS data days UK(or any other country), the server will be anyway located in FR, and that may be considered by some GEOIP databases. That also happend in the BHS (Canadian) OVH datacenters, where US IP addresses are detected as CA, because the server is located there.

Not really much you or OVH can do about it. GEOIP databases are a weird science. For example, even when google detects my server's IPv4 address as Canadian, it detects my server's IPv6 address as German. No idea why, but I get Google in German

Criot
15-04-2015, 16:03
Despite it being geo located in the UK most networks will still recognise that it is actually in France, your best bet really is going to be to get a server thats located within the UK itself.

markwell85
15-04-2015, 15:39
Hi

I have a UK IP from ovh sys and I have configured a vpn with that IP, I am still unable to access to access bbc iplayer, itv player etc is there a way round this?