OVH Community, your new community space.

Alternative to postal letter?

Winit
23-10-2008, 00:05
Quote Originally Posted by pseudonym
That is really bad!
It's for fraud prevention.

pseudonym
22-10-2008, 19:44
Quote Originally Posted by S0phie
I am sorry but there is no alternative but to wait for the letter.
That is really bad!

S0phie
22-10-2008, 17:09
So... I've been waiting for a postal letter for 3 days now. I called OVH UK on Monday and an English-sounding agent told me to call back to see if there's an alternative to get the server delivered beforehand.

(Order #:4722245).
I am sorry but there is no alternative but to wait for the letter.

Andy
22-10-2008, 14:04
If you're going to quote, at least take responsibility for quoted accuracy. (read the original post and your quoted version)

Anyway, this is very trivial and off topic. Let's wait for an OVH response.
Its not my fault you decided to edit your post when I wrote mine. Try not posting before you have decided if what you wrote was what you wanted to say or not.

I'm trying to help, if you don't want my help, don't post, but don't sit there and insult me when I'm doing my best to help you with your problem.

pseudonym
22-10-2008, 14:03
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
What do you mean by that?
If you're going to quote, at least take responsibility for quoted accuracy. (read the original post and your quoted version)

Anyway, this is very trivial and off topic. Let's wait for an OVH response.

Andy
22-10-2008, 14:00
Please don't quote my posts if you won't allow propagation.
What do you mean by that?

epscylonb
22-10-2008, 13:56
I agree. I suggest sending an e-mail to them suggesting this.

There is no way to speed it up, the point of the letter is to ensure you're not going to abuse their services. They won't make any exceptions.
I don't remember seeing it anywhere when I signed up, or in the two emails I have received, I had to come here to find out which is a bit poor.

Then again I was in a bit of a rush, it could have been there somewhere.

pseudonym
22-10-2008, 13:53
Please don't quote my posts if you won't allow propagation.

Andy
22-10-2008, 13:45
I am indeed from another country.

Still, you can not dismiss the fact that "1 hour delivery" is misleading to anyone who's new to OVH and looking to purchase a server. They should make this delay clear BEFORE accepting people's payment.

Even then, isn't their anything we can do to speed things up?
I agree. I suggest sending an e-mail to them suggesting this.

There is no way to speed it up, the point of the letter is to ensure you're not going to abuse their services. They won't make any exceptions.

pseudonym
22-10-2008, 13:44
This is after verification, which you only have to do once. The measures are in place to prevent abuse of OVH's services, which without these measures happens way too often for their liking.

What country are you in? If its UK then you should have had the letter already, mine took 2 working days from the day it was sent. If its another country other than UK or France, you're bound by the postal system from country to country, so its no use blaming OVH in this case.
I am indeed from another country.

Still, you can not dismiss the fact that "1 hour delivery" is a misleading statement to anyone who's new to OVH and looking to purchase a server. They should make this delay clear BEFORE accepting people's payments.

But what is done is done. Now, isn't their anything we can do to speed things up?

Andy
22-10-2008, 13:41
Quote Originally Posted by epscylonb
hmmm, do they always send a letter ?. I signed up today and did the sms verification, I don't remember seeing anything about further verification or a letter.
They send a letter on your first order to confirm your identity and location. After that all orders go through without verification or letters and are completed in the 1-72 hour time frame stated on the site.

epscylonb
22-10-2008, 13:40
hmmm, do they always send a letter ?. I signed up today and did the sms verification, I don't remember seeing anything about further verification or a letter.

Andy
22-10-2008, 13:38
This is driving me nuts. We need a server and we need it quickly. On your website it still states 1 hour delivery. Why hide the actual facts?
This is after verification, which you only have to do once. The measures are in place to prevent abuse of OVH's services, which without these measures happens way too often for their liking.

What country are you in? If its UK then you should have had the letter already, mine took 2 working days from the day it was sent. If its another country other than UK or France, you're bound by the postal system from country to country, so its no use blaming OVH in this case.

pseudonym
22-10-2008, 12:52
---