OVH Community, your new community space.

cancel server and buy another?

johnnydeep
15-06-2015, 11:48
Nice ...

addseo1115
13-05-2015, 08:04
Hoo. Thank you For trick.

marks
12-05-2015, 11:04
Quote Originally Posted by seamouse
and as well stange i have debian 7, so thought to myself, just reformat and start again

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/distributions/plesk.xml

so when i look, it says i need plesk 12 for my OS

when i go to /manager/?csid=CoEJO#/license/order

and try and order it says

We have detected a possible incompatibility between this licence and the current installation of your server:

- Your OS is not a Plesk 12.

If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to contact OVH support OVH via this link.

so whats the bug?
So, if it doesn't let you order the Plesk license, as you've just reinstalled, I would suggest you to reinstall using Plesk 12, order the license and if you want to use that license with your own installation of Debian 7, then go ahead and reinstall right after.

Let us know if you need more help.

S0phie
12-05-2015, 09:57
Hi,

Please contact your local support to discuss a possible discount.

seamouse
11-05-2015, 18:20
anyone? i would more just do a reinstall as long as cp will work

seamouse
11-05-2015, 12:50
marks, i wanna order a new server, BUT not pay a set up fee as been with you guys 6 months plus.
just need to start over
can you sort me out?

and as well stange i have debian 7, so thought to myself, just reformat and start again

http://www.soyoustart.com/en/distributions/plesk.xml

so when i look, it says i need plesk 12 for my OS

when i go to /manager/?csid=CoEJO#/license/order

and try and order it says

We have detected a possible incompatibility between this licence and the current installation of your server:

- Your OS is not a Plesk 12.

If you have any doubts, don't hesitate to contact OVH support OVH via this link.

so whats the bug?

marks
11-05-2015, 11:26
yes, these control panels are very useful and either of them would help you manage/create databases, though they do much more.

If you only want to manage databases, maybe you can find a tool that would do only and specifically that: manage the databases

seamouse
11-05-2015, 10:33
i just need to be able to make database thats all

alvaroag
11-05-2015, 04:19
As Criot says, cPanel is a great control panel. However, it's oriented for hosting providers. If that's your requirement, you may also check on Plesk, which is a direct and strong competitor to cPanel. If you need some panel to administrate the OS itself, you may have a look to webmin. Currently, it's not available preinstalled on OVH, but you can install it over a linux base distribution.

Criot
10-05-2015, 17:23
cPanel is a brilliant control panel, but can only be used on CentOS, so your best choice for Debain would be Plesk.

OVH don't offer discounts for returning customers I don't believe, however, I believe the SP-64 and the EG-32 have free setup fees currently.

seamouse
10-05-2015, 15:28
At present i have been with SYS for 6 months but now want to move (upgrade)

At present i have

SoyouStart-32G E3-1245v2 SoftRaid2

I need a control panel that i can easier make mysql databases.

i`m looking at the http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/...administration

would i get a discount as a old user? what control panel would you say meets my needs

i will be using debian 7