OVH Community, your new community space.

INFRASTRUCTURE EG-128 - SSD space Problem!

Jerry
16-05-2015, 05:08
Quote Originally Posted by marks
let us know how it goes
Seems it worked
Created 2 Raid 0 partitions. each 2 drives via MegaCli.

Combined both and created one huge SSD Drive of 2.85TB

Thanks for the help.

marks
12-05-2015, 11:24
let us know how it goes

Jerry
11-05-2015, 14:53
Thank You. i will give it a try.

marks
11-05-2015, 11:41
yes, that's a windows limitation.

I understand that you have got a server with Hardware RAID card if you've done these changes. If so, you can use the MegaRAID utility tool to work around this windows limitation. Firstly, you must create a system drive (something like 200GB for windows, recommended RAID1/5/6 for security), MBR type and with the flag boot.

With this, you would be able to install the windows already. Afterwards (or before, if you prefer, but to keep it simple, I'd rather do it after the installation), you can configure the rest of the space as another drive, GPT type, and with the size you want.

Hope it helps. This is only a guidance, unfortunately at OVH, we don't give support from anything but the default configuration, and we give you the tools to do other configs if you want.

Let us know how it goes.

Jerry
11-05-2015, 09:41
Hello,

There is a very serious issue with INFRASTRUCTURE EG-128.

Recently i ordered INFRASTRUCTURE EG-128 with 4x 800GB SSD Intel S3K SATA3 6Gbps.
Received it and changed to Raid 0 to enjoy maximum SSD space...

After configuring Raid 0 and installing Windows Server 2008 Expertise edition, i found out that i can only use maximum 2TB of SSD space and other 930GB is just useless and is not even allowing me to create a separate partition or use it at all.

There is something seriously wrong with this SSD 4 x 800GB offer and OVH must fix this! so we could use maximum of 3TB+ of SSD space.

If this is not fixed... it's just useless to have offer of 4 x 800GB.

Hopefully this is Fixed ASAP.