We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Looking to purchase SYS for a Minecraft server.

Michael_
12-05-2015, 00:04
Thank you!

alvaroag
11-05-2015, 23:21
You don't need to upload PuTTY to the server. You must run PuTTY on your computer so you can get a console connection to the server, and work everything there. If you are running a linux computer, you may not need putty, but instead use the "ssh" command.

A SYS Game server is a standard SYS dedicated server, but it includes the DDOS protection, which is a really good option for game servers.

Michael_
11-05-2015, 21:56
Thank you, Will I be able to upload to PuTTy Via a FTP port? Im almost 99% sure I can. but I would just like some clarifications, considoring I already have a minecraft server, but not on a dedicated server. Also I think I would prefer a dedicated server to run spigot, is that an option? ( not a game server ) But a 32 GB Dedicated Server with SSH

Thanks - Michael

alvaroag
11-05-2015, 21:38
Hi, Michael. I think any of the GAME servers are suitable to run Spigot. Check the servers here: http://www.soyoustart.com/en/innovat.../game-servers/. Currently they are out of stock, but they may replenish at any time.

If you choose Linux for your server, the first connection method you will have will always be via SSH, that is, using PuTTY. Once connected to the server, you can proceed to install your software. For spigot, you may follow the instructions on their web: http://www.spigotmc.org/wiki/spigot-installation/. If you are not familiar with Linux administration, I'd recommend some simple distribution like Debian.

Michael_
11-05-2015, 20:02
Hello,

I am looking to purchase a dedicated host for my minecraft server holding up to 250 players. I would like to know what SYS package is the best for me, and how much of a problem it will be to host. Just a few questions

1) Can I run multicraft, or must I use PuTTy?

2) How do I set up a server using multicraft & spigot.

If you do not know, Spigot is a modified version of a minecraft server and allows the host to run "spigot" plugins.
I really would like to upgrade to a SYS host, however I am unsure on how much time it will take and if there is any support for a service like this.

All replies are appreciated.

Thank you,

Yours sincerely, Michael