OVH Community, your new community space.

We check your payment manually????

LawsHosting
02-02-2017, 09:24
Quote Originally Posted by octav
I doubt that fraud is a big issue in the VPS market....
Erm, it is you know..... Not just in this sector either.....

octav
29-01-2017, 18:56
Yeah, I requested a cancellation as well.
Got my vps from somewhere else.

octav
29-01-2017, 18:33
What a crock of s#*t.
I can't setup my VPS on the weekend 'cause I have to wait for somebody to manually validate my payment.
By the way, what can a person do when "validating" that a computer can't?
And , secondly, if you know that this will affect clients that order on the weekend (that might also want to setup the vps on weekend), why can't you allow them access until you do the "validation"?
Or you'd rather have angry customers? Or even lose some customers?
I doubt that fraud is a big issue in the VPS market....

nwt
15-06-2015, 16:53
Ok thanks i understand now,
Now i wonder how long it will take because i did it with paypal and i got a email from them confirming the receipt of payment 2 days ago though.

alvaroag
14-06-2015, 05:31
That means verification of the payment, not the account. I think they perform manual validations on payments by credit card(they may as you for a photo of the card, showing only first 4 and last 4 digits). Also, they perform manual validations for non-automated payment methods.

nwt
14-06-2015, 04:39
Strange i have a verified account with the nick handle ms92819-ovh (order 39671531 ) and i also got we check your payment manually and my account was verified back in 2012 mind you i have not ordered anything since late 2013, would that be the reason ?

Criot
31-05-2015, 13:05
Quote Originally Posted by LestaLad
It looks like I'll be cancelling my order too then. All I want is a VPS, I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get it
No one else needs this information do they?
Yes, a lot of companies have started doing this now, particularly if information doesn't match. The risk of fraud is too great these days, even the slightest possibility that you've provided false information will require you to provide proof of address or ID with most legitimate companies, of course, the illegitimate companies won't care, but they won't care about your service either, particularly when they disappear off of the face of the earth.

LestaLad
30-05-2015, 23:22
It looks like I'll be cancelling my order too then. All I want is a VPS, I don't want to have to jump through hoops to get it
No one else needs this information do they?

Criot
30-05-2015, 22:58
Quote Originally Posted by LestaLad
So I won't get my VPS either (on order 38957710) then this weekend, even though the site says instant activation?

Hmmm
It's only instant activation if you have a verified account.

LestaLad
30-05-2015, 20:42
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
OVH go through a manual validation process for new customers, once you've been validated your future orders are setup automatically.

Yes, it's 2015, and therefore the amount of fraud orders is also on the rise, hence the requirement for manual validation.

Doing a chargeback also isn't the best of ideas, wait for them to refund you if that's what you want.
So I won't get my VPS either (on order 38957710) then this weekend, even though the site says instant activation?

Hmmm

Neil
26-05-2015, 11:20
Hi

How can we help?

kumar
24-05-2015, 18:43
Hello OVH. I am fan on your service and also i am front end who is creating buisnesses for buisness
My question is about a server - what server you recommended for buisness companies? I mean my client is a big player of
company formation in Poland and I dont know what server i should chose

S0phie
18-05-2015, 20:34
Hi,

Both orders were processed on Saturday and the 2 VPS were delivered in the afternoon. However, they're now being cancelled as requested. You will receive a credit note to confirm their cancellation and shortly after your payments will be automatically charged back to your card.

Criot
16-05-2015, 17:37
Quote Originally Posted by pisz
i already bought VPS elsewhere (ocena digital) everything done in 5minutes

chargeback is not best option but THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM

if someone from OVH is reading that please refund 38694749, 38694921 otherwise i'll go for chargeback

i know 10 employee companies who work 24h/7 and such big company as OVH is off at weekend? wtf.

what if my server is down at weekend? should i just takie it and lost hundreds of pounds because my customers cant access my website? disgusting

while choosing hosting i take into consideration: 80% support 10% price 10% other people reviews
Standard staff who do sales, billing and verification etc do not work weekends, OVH have 24/7 Technical 'Incident' support, you'd contact the Incident team in the event your VPS is offline.

You'll need to wait until Monday for a response regarding a refund.

pisz
16-05-2015, 13:14
i already bought VPS elsewhere (ocena digital) everything done in 5minutes

chargeback is not best option but THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT THEM

if someone from OVH is reading that please refund 38694749, 38694921 otherwise i'll go for chargeback

i know 10 employee companies who work 24h/7 and such big company as OVH is off at weekend? wtf.

what if my server is down at weekend? should i just takie it and lost hundreds of pounds because my customers cant access my website? disgusting

while choosing hosting i take into consideration: 80% support 10% price 10% other people reviews and OVH is a disaster

Criot
16-05-2015, 13:01
OVH go through a manual validation process for new customers, once you've been validated your future orders are setup automatically.

Yes, it's 2015, and therefore the amount of fraud orders is also on the rise, hence the requirement for manual validation.

Doing a chargeback also isn't the best of ideas, wait for them to refund you if that's what you want.

pisz
16-05-2015, 12:50
I need hosting this weekend ASAP

I placed an order and I got message "We check your payment manually" what is this??? it's 2015 and they check my details manually?

I read really bad stuff about OVH in internet but i didnt expect dissapoinment since 1 second

I placed another other, this time on Paypal and again "We check your payment manually"

what a disgusting service...

do I need to wait till monday?

oh and of course there is no phone support at weekend and I can't even contact them because in ovh manager there is no "product" (obviously...) in dropbox so there is no way to contact OVH

i am shocked how bad OVH is since second ONE

now i need to buy VPS elsewhere and chargeback my money, this is pointless...