OVH Community, your new community space.

DDOS Attack

Kamilleri
25-05-2015, 18:46
Do you have any kind of firewall on your server? What services could be accessed publicly on it?
Maybe attacker trying to flood your server on some particular software/services's port, which is using all your HDD/CPU performance, and that is why you can't reach your server?

There could be CPU performance graphs in your panel, if you configured OVH's Real-Time Monitoring, or have your own monitoring system.

If it's possible, and your data is backed up, try to reinstall your server and be sure firewall is enabled. Windows Server have one just right out-of-the-box.
You could also try to change your public IP by buying failovered IP and using it as main one for your services.

alvaroag
25-05-2015, 03:25
Looks like it was hacked, you should not have so much traffic if the server is not working. Is any other srrvice on your server active? If no, try rebooting into win rescue mode something might have happened.

avangardmu
24-05-2015, 20:58
Dont like hard reboots

Rebooted, but nothing.

alvaroag
24-05-2015, 20:03
Try rebooting the server from the Manager

avangardmu
24-05-2015, 19:48
What should i do?

alvaroag
24-05-2015, 18:46
Looks like your server is down, no connection on port 3389 (RDP) and no Ping. Maybe it was affected by the attack before the DDOS mitigation acted.

avangardmu
24-05-2015, 17:44
Quote Originally Posted by Kamilleri
How are you trying to reach your server?
Those mitigations usually filtering only bad traffic from ddosers, not legitimate one (you).

Our servers were under attack previously and we had access just fine.
I am using Remote Desktop. What you suggest?

Kamilleri
24-05-2015, 17:34
Quote Originally Posted by avangardmu
Hello. I received mail from OVH. What next? What is ddos protection if i cant even enter server? Anyone can share hes experience?

How are you trying to reach your server?
Those mitigations usually filtering only bad traffic from ddosers, not legitimate one (you).

Our servers were under attack previously and we had access just fine.

avangardmu
24-05-2015, 16:19
Hello. I received mail from OVH. What next? What is ddos protection if i cant even enter server? Anyone can share hes experience?