OVH Community, your new community space.

Speed cap between 2 servers

Akito
26-05-2015, 20:07
Quote Originally Posted by marks
yes, the SYS servers have that limitation that OVH don't. Obviously, the hardware limit is the network card physical limit, but if we see the SYS servers doing a huge amount of data transfer, over the 250Mbps limit, then you may be limited.

Thanks.
Yes ofcourse I know about the 250Mbps limit.. but since once it occured to me that between 2 servers of SYS I could bump the speed to MUCH more, I was just wondering. No problem

marks
26-05-2015, 16:35
yes, the SYS servers have that limitation that OVH don't. Obviously, the hardware limit is the network card physical limit, but if we see the SYS servers doing a huge amount of data transfer, over the 250Mbps limit, then you may be limited.

Thanks.

alvaroag
26-05-2015, 16:01
For SYS servers, the offered bandwidth is 250 Mbps outgoing, internal or external. That means, 250 Mbps to anywhere. You can see that on http://www.soyoustart.com/en/offers/sys-ip-1.xml#reseau

For OVH server, the internal(OVH to OVH) bandwidth is 1Gbps.

Akito
26-05-2015, 11:52
Hello,

I have come to notice that the 200MBPS speed cap also occurs between 2 servers in the same datacenter.
Previously (like half a year ago) I had 2 servers that were able to almost fully use the 1GBPS bandwidth when transferring data between these 2 servers. I don't know if that was a lucky glitch in the configuration, but I liked it.

So I was wondering if there's a possibility to do the same with my current 2 servers? To have the 200MBPS limit removed only between the 2 of them.... like on the local lan only.

It's about server ID 328710 and 191134.