We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

SyS server with VMware ESXi 5.0

Agent Smith
05-06-2015, 12:58
Thanks

Falken
05-06-2015, 10:17
OK I registered for a license on VMWare site and got the VMware vSphere Hypervisor 5 License key but no where on the side does it mention that it does expire but it does not say the latter either. Really confusing but I guess that is the way VMWare wants to play it. If OVH confirms that the license is for free and that the services wont stop working after 30,60 or 90 days I will make plans to reinstall my host. One more question, how do I get access to the backup storage through VMWare vSphere? Will I need to rebuild the guest OS? I have one VMWare guest stored on the backup device.

Falken
05-06-2015, 07:33
But it's evaluation? How can it be free after the evaluation expires? Am I missing something here? I need to know for if this license is for free it completely changes my plans!

Neil
04-06-2015, 13:15
Hi

It is a free licence that you get from vmware, see https://my.vmware.com/web/vmware/eva...94911696,d.ZGU

Agent Smith
04-06-2015, 08:00
Hello,
my question is if I want to install VMware ESXi 5.0 on SyS server do I need to buy license for VMware ESXi virtualization software and if so what is the price of it?

Thanks in advance.