We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Avoid SoYouStart

AlbaHost
07-06-2015, 22:02
Quote Originally Posted by MichaelFindlay
Avoid them like the plague, I had an abuse report about a domain on my server at 11AM by 12:30PM they had shut down all traffic to that IP. I hardly call that reasonable time to check e-mails and then deal with the offending site. I terminated the package all together and they still kept blocking the server. Thank you SoYouStart for another weekend in a row spent dealing with issues because your support teams cannot assist us speedily!

They have had to lift the auto block on our IP because the abuse block keeps coming on even though its totally inaccurately and incorrect. I was debating using SoYouStart to host backups for us when we move in to our rack we are moving too soon in the UK but issues like this has totally made me rethink OVH as a viable supplier.
You are lucky if they only blocked traffic/IP, before they used to turn OFF the whole server which is ridiculous...

alvaroag
07-06-2015, 21:10
Well, blocking the traffic from specific IP sounds good to me, even if they warn you at the same time they are blocking it.

Normally, OVH is a good ISP. The difference is they do matter about their network reputation, what other ISPs don't. Because of that, they may take some actions that are never well received by any customer, such as suspending service, blocking traffic, etc. Also, remember an abuse claim is a serious thing, as it passes through manual validation, so there is a person at OVH, who, after reviewing the claim, thinks it is a reason valid enough to block traffic from your server.

Kamilleri
07-06-2015, 16:40
Quote Originally Posted by MichaelFindlay
Avoid them like the plague, I had an abuse report about a domain on my server at 11AM by 12:30PM they had shut down all traffic to that IP. I hardly call that reasonable time to check e-mails and then deal with the offending site. I terminated the package all together and they still kept blocking the server. Thank you SoYouStart for another weekend in a row spent dealing with issues because your support teams cannot assist us speedily!

They have had to lift the auto block on our IP because the abuse block keeps coming on even though its totally inaccurately and incorrect. I was debating using SoYouStart to host backups for us when we move in to our rack we are moving too soon in the UK but issues like this has totally made me rethink OVH as a viable supplier.
What was the topic of your abuse actions?

MichaelFindlay
06-06-2015, 13:24