We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Is OVH's Xenserver image set up for soft RAID?

Felix@OVH
11-06-2015, 17:02
Quote Originally Posted by asderferjerkel
Does anyone know whether OVH's Xenserver image has soft RAID set up already?
Yes, it has.

Best regards,
Felix Krohn

asderferjerkel
07-06-2015, 12:19
Hi,

I'm looking to make the move from a Kimsufi to an SYS server. Ideally I'd like the E3-SAT-4 but these have been out of stock for some time so I think the E3-SAT-3 would be the next best alternative, as the only thing you lose is the hardware RAID card. I'd like to run Xenserver 6.5 but I know this doesn't support soft RAID out of the box and requires some extra setup if installing from scratch (see here). Does anyone know whether OVH's Xenserver image has soft RAID set up already? Only problem if not is that you need to be able to boot from the other hard drive when setting it up yourself, and I don't think there's any way of doing that (at least there isn't with the Kimsufi manager) without paying extra for KVM access.

Thanks in advance!

edit: I should point out that I'll be using it in RAID 1, which my current server with Xenserver 6.0.2 came with already set up - but 6.0.2 didn't require any extra work to set up RAID!