OVH Community, your new community space.

Need help with database and websites!!!

andrey_t9
13-06-2015, 15:09
Thank you for the help!

alvaroag
13-06-2015, 15:00
Not sure about the hosting, never used it. But, specially for the 2 GB database, you may not force a relationship "1 database = 1 application", as you may host many applications on the same database, as long as you don't reach the simultaneous connection limit.

andrey_t9
13-06-2015, 14:25
They don't answer to support. OVH it's my first hosting and I already hate it for the worst support ever and bugs. The cpanel does pretty much what it wants. It says me it's installing wordpress and then after 5 min nothing happens.

UK1
13-06-2015, 14:21
i'm not sure, i think you can install 1-click apps with the same database.
i would get a backup of your database before doing anything and/or contact ovh support

andrey_t9
13-06-2015, 14:13
Quote Originally Posted by UK1
if i can remember, place files in the www folder in ftp.
you only have limited databases with web hosting
or you can just use the ' 1 click apps 2 ' provided by OVH, easier and will create website directories for you & and the database automatically.
I have now only 1 database of 2 GB on wich I have installed a working website. How do I install the other websites with CMS in 1 click? It's asking me to choose a database: I have to choose the 2GB with already a website on it and choose different domain?
Please explain me the steps
Thank YOU!

UK1
13-06-2015, 13:49
if i can remember, place files in the www folder in ftp.
you only have limited databases with web hosting
or you can just use the ' 1 click apps 2 ' provided by OVH, easier and will create website directories for you & and the database automatically.

andrey_t9
13-06-2015, 12:16
I bought the 250 GB hosting database. I don't really understand how to instal multiple websites.
I completed only one of them and I can't go on and create others: cpanel don't let me do it, maybe I do something wrong. I used this process:
-register external domain
-I went to private database and I registered the website
-I registered one SQL database of 2GB and I selected it for Wordpress instalation
That's it.
*BTW I have a FTP acount that I cannot delete.

Now if I want another website I have only 3 x 400MB SQL and if I try to install other website on the 2 GB Database it doesn't complete.
Please Help !!!

Thank YOU!