OVH Community, your new community space.

Failover IP Question

Dani
22-06-2015, 10:16
Hi

Criot is correct, its not possible to move IP from OVH to SYS, however it is possible from SYS to OVH.

Naturally you can still move the IP between OVH to OVH.

Thanks

Danny

Criot
21-06-2015, 11:27
Quote Originally Posted by MattGarner
At the moment It would be £52.44 a month which includes Pro for what I have at the moment. Although, it would be cheaper, not by much by ordering I think the same server in a way but from Soyoustart which comes with 16 IP Addresses if needed. I don't really need many IPs to be fair though. Although it does mean the hassle of getting everything sorted but it is something to look at though.
Take into account that IPs can't be moved from OVH to SYS (I don't believe, maybe someone can confirm as I've not tried it personally), so if you're wanting to keep current IPs you'd need to stick with OVH directly.

MattGarner
21-06-2015, 09:27
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
You must pay it monthly. If you cancel that option, you will lose any IP/block you acquired after getting the professional use option.

BW, checking costs, it could be a better option for you to move to a new server. miniSP costs €55.99, and professional use costs €15, for a total of €70.99. For €71.99, you can get a new server(SP-32, plus €99.99 one time installation fee, or €20 monthly for 6 months) and get up to 256 IPs paying only €2 setup fee per IP(no monthly cost). You can also move your existing IPs to your new server(except the main one). And, with that, you would get new hardware.
At the moment It would be £52.44 a month which includes Pro for what I have at the moment. Although, it would be cheaper, not by much by ordering I think the same server in a way but from Soyoustart which comes with 16 IP Addresses if needed. I don't really need many IPs to be fair though. Although it does mean the hassle of getting everything sorted but it is something to look at though.

alvaroag
20-06-2015, 19:24
You must pay it monthly. If you cancel that option, you will lose any IP/block you acquired after getting the professional use option.

BW, checking costs, it could be a better option for you to move to a new server. miniSP costs €55.99, and professional use costs €15, for a total of €70.99. For €71.99, you can get a new server(SP-32, plus €99.99 one time installation fee, or €20 monthly for 6 months) and get up to 256 IPs paying only €2 setup fee per IP(no monthly cost). You can also move your existing IPs to your new server(except the main one). And, with that, you would get new hardware.

MattGarner
20-06-2015, 18:12
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
I've reviewed my old invoices for a mini SP I had. Trying to remember, you could only have up to 3 IP FO on the server. If you wanted more IP FO, you needed the Professional use option, which costs €15 monthly. With that, you could get more IP FO by paying setup only(€1 per IP), but I don't remember the limit.

Not sure if those rules may have changed by now.
It seems that might still be the case. Do you need the Pro Option active all months you want the extra IP address(s) you've bought to stay active or is that just needed to continue buying more?

alvaroag
20-06-2015, 17:20
I've reviewed my old invoices for a mini SP I had. Trying to remember, you could only have up to 3 IP FO on the server. If you wanted more IP FO, you needed the Professional use option, which costs €15 monthly. With that, you could get more IP FO by paying setup only(€1 per IP), but I don't remember the limit.

Not sure if those rules may have changed by now.

MattGarner
20-06-2015, 07:44
I am not sure if my server is now classed as "SYS" range but it's called a mini SP server in the control panel and it's from 2013. Anyway, how many Fail Over IP's can this have? I have 3 at the moment and it's told I have reached my limit but other people seem to have more. Does this mean I have to go via the RIPE way now?