We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Anti-DDoS PRO VS Anti-DDoS GAME


Criot
03-09-2015, 15:19
Quote Originally Posted by alex
My original point was, how come the PRO option is lower or worst than GAME option? as for L3/L4/L7 attacks are more common than other!!!
PRO was available long before GAME, PRO offers permanent mitigation and access to modify firewall rules, so it's 'Professional' - The way they outline their products and market them is up to them, but you need to check that they meet your requirements.

alex
03-09-2015, 00:03
My original point was, how come the PRO option is lower or worst than GAME option? as for L3/L4/L7 attacks are more common than other!!!

Criot
02-09-2015, 16:03
Quote Originally Posted by Dante
Disappoint about offering more additional .. we gonna pay for it not for getting it for free ...

like additional disks /BW / ASA .. etc

understand now ?
They've already explained why it isn't offered as an additional feature, so that's something you should of checked before ordering.

In the past it's also been explained why the standard ranges can't be configured, that's because they have set hardware for each one so that orders can be processed automatically and quickly, if all servers could be configured, you'd be looking at a longer setup time, for sure.

If you want to customise your server your best off looking at the 'HG' servers.

Dante
02-09-2015, 15:35
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Dante: Lets be a little bit fair here, you say you moved from SYS to OVH because of Pro, well that's what you got. Don't be complaining you can't get Game Anti-DDOS on your OVH server. That isn't what you signed up for, you signed up for Pro.

I want eight disks in one of my servers but its no good saying OVH has left me in a dead end and I'm very disappointed because I am the one that signed up for a server with four disks in.

If anything you should be disappointed in yourself for not making sure you bought the right product.
Disappoint about offering more additional .. we gonna pay for it not for getting it for free ...

like additional disks /BW / ASA .. etc

understand now ?

DigitalDaz
26-07-2015, 11:24
Quote Originally Posted by Dante
It should be added as additional hardware to purchase for reasonable price not high & without setup fee if possible

We moved from SYS to OVH because of Pro but we need more protection and you make us now in a dead end ? Disappointed
Dante: Lets be a little bit fair here, you say you moved from SYS to OVH because of Pro, well that's what you got. Don't be complaining you can't get Game Anti-DDOS on your OVH server. That isn't what you signed up for, you signed up for Pro.

I want eight disks in one of my servers but its no good saying OVH has left me in a dead end and I'm very disappointed because I am the one that signed up for a server with four disks in.

If anything you should be disappointed in yourself for not making sure you bought the right product.

Dante
25-07-2015, 14:29
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

It is not possible, the Game Servers are on a different network, so Game Anti-DDOS cannot be added to 'normal' servers.
It should be added as additional hardware to purchase for reasonable price not high & without setup fee if possible

We moved from SYS to OVH because of Pro but we need more protection and you make us now in a dead end ? Disappointed

alex
25-07-2015, 00:10
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
I think they mean a different group of routers, separated from the normal ones, specially tuned for game server traffic. The servers are in OVH datacenter anyway, in France or in Canada.
I know that, but in own datacenter they can upgrade the PRO version to have the support the L3/L4/L7 attacks without any excuses.

alvaroag
23-07-2015, 23:04
Quote Originally Posted by alex
something new - different network, do you use different provider for it not OVH? and I hope they are not French based company.
I think they mean a different group of routers, separated from the normal ones, specially tuned for game server traffic. The servers are in OVH datacenter anyway, in France or in Canada.

alex
23-07-2015, 22:05
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

It is not possible, the Game Servers are on a different network, so Game Anti-DDOS cannot be added to 'normal' servers.
something new - different network, do you use different provider for it not OVH? and I hope they are not French based company.

Neil
23-07-2015, 18:40
Quote Originally Posted by chas
OVH please allow Enterprise customers to access the PUT /ip/{ip}/game/{ipOnGame}

or am i forced to move to a product which is 40 p/m cheaper?
Hi

It is not possible, the Game Servers are on a different network, so Game Anti-DDOS cannot be added to 'normal' servers.

chas
23-07-2015, 11:00
OVH please allow Enterprise customers to access the PUT /ip/{ip}/game/{ipOnGame}

or am i forced to move to a product which is 40 p/m cheaper?

alex
17-07-2015, 22:52
Quote Originally Posted by Dante
Can anyone tell us if this can be available on OVH Enterprise range ?
Short answer is never as it's not game server, but the OVH Anti-DDoS PRO must have exactly the same function!

Dante
14-07-2015, 16:35
Can anyone tell us if this can be available on OVH Enterprise range ?

Dante
30-06-2015, 23:43
Quote Originally Posted by alex
I thought the PRO version protection should cover all type of attacks including L3/L4/L7 attacks? The most unprofessional way the OVH is managing updates and promotions!
I agree with you

We switched from SYS because of the PRO and most of clients did that from Kimsufi & SYS to OVH

It must be included ! that disappointed !

Criot
27-06-2015, 20:22
At the time that Anti-DDoS PRO was released they only covered certain attacks, full stop. The 'PRO' mitigation allows you to permanently have the mitigation on, where as normal Anti-DDoS doesn't, it can only be on automatic mode. Anti-DDoS GAME supports all layers of attacks, but whether you can have permanent mitigation, I don't know.

It'd be nice if they made the GAME Anti-DDoS available on other servers, even if at an additional cost. Remember that OVH markets their different ranges as having different benefits, what sets the GAME range aside from the others is that Anti-DDoS GAME is included free of charge.

alex
27-06-2015, 19:43
Hi all,

Any reason why the Anti-DDoS GAME has better protection than PRO version protection? How come the PRO version of protection don't cover the Two-way mitigation - L3/L4/L7 attacks?

I thought the PRO version protection should cover all type of attacks including L3/L4/L7 attacks? The most unprofessional way the OVH is managing updates and promotions!