We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

How to mount NFS backup storage space at SYS

idang
09-03-2016, 08:40
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

The syntax should be:

mount -t nfs [BACKUP_SPACE]:export/ftpbackup/[SERVER_NS_ADDRESS] /mnt

Thanks

Danny

Hi,

I'm able to mount successfully the NFS backup storage using:

mount -t nfs4 [BACKUP_SPACE]:export/ftpbackup/[SERVER_NS_ADDRESS] /var/lib/psa/dumps

... but, I noticed that the owner of /var/lib/psa/dumps is drweb.users no mater what I do, and I need to be the root.root.

I suspect that it's about some settings in the OVH NFS server/Storage.

Any ideas ?

Thank you.

spanac
04-08-2015, 14:33
Step by step solution:

1. Create a folder on your local SYS server.For example:
    Code:
    mkdir -p /mnt/mount-remote-nfs-here
  2. Mount remote NFS share. Template is:
    Code:
    mount -t nfs FTPBACKUPHOST:/export/ftpbackup/NAMESERVER /mnt/mount-remote-nfs-here
    Example would be:
    Code:
    mount -t nfs ftpback-rbxA-BC.ovh.net:/export/ftpbackup/ns123456.ip-XXX-XXX-XXX.eu /mnt/mount-remote-nfs-here

marks
08-07-2015, 10:20
you need to get the protocol too. Also, it may change slightly depending on the OS.

If you don't want to share your server details here, do send us an email to the support with the logs and your server name and we'll look into it.

Thanks

alvaroag
07-07-2015, 22:17
If you are trying to mount from one of your FO IP, you may need to add permission for that IP to access the backup storage. Initially, only the main server IP has access to the backup.

spanac
07-07-2015, 20:21
Hello Dani,

thank you for quick reply. But it seams that i am unable to mount it...

mount: ftpback-rbxX-XX.ovh.net:export/ftpbackup/nsXXXXXX.ip-XXX-XXX-XXX.eu failed, reason given by server: Permission denied

Any idea?

Thank you.

Dani
07-07-2015, 10:39
Hi

The syntax should be:

mount -t nfs [BACKUP_SPACE]:export/ftpbackup/[SERVER_NS_ADDRESS] /mnt

Thanks

Danny

spanac
06-07-2015, 20:26
Hello,

I have purchased NFS protocol for SYS dedicated server and activated NFS protocol at the SYS manager. But i am not able to figure out what path to mount at backup server.

I have tryed:
/
/export/ftpbackup/ftpback-XXXXXXXX.net
/nsXXXXXXXXX.ip-xxx-xxx-xxx.eu/mnt/ovhback
/nsXXXXXXXXX.ip-xxx-xxx-xxx.eu

Any ideas?

Thank you.