OVH Community, your new community space.

Guaranteed bandwidth & Burst

Criot
14-07-2015, 11:23
On the other ranges Burst is essentially to allow you to use the burst for a short period of time each month where you require it, so if you need to push 1Gbps of data for an hour or so each month, Burst will allow that, but your guaranteed would be 500Mbps.

With game being limited to 250Mbps rather than 500Mbps that simply means that the total data transferred at any one time is 250Mbps, it's not necessarily slower.

Personally I run some game servers on the Enterprise ranges and I use no where near 250Mbps, let alone 500Mbps, so 250Mbps would be adequate.

johandrex
14-07-2015, 09:08
Hello OVH, I wonder why the gaming servers has 250 Mbps in Burst and Guaranteed bandwidth while the enterprise servers has 500 Mbps and 1 Gbps in Guaranteed bandwidth. Will the gaming servers get better burst and guaranteed bandwidth in the future? What does Burst actually do? And does this mean the gaming servers has a slower connection to the players? This is very important since I'm having a unique amount of 5000-8000 players per day