OVH Community, your new community space.

Payment

Dani
27-07-2015, 17:49
Hi

The idea is for everyone to have their own account. Its not advisable for you to try and play the system.

If your friend wishes to obtain OVH services, you can look to order on their behalf, however you would be responsible for the services as your the owner.

If you contact support directly we will show you how to assign your friend as the technical contact.

Thanks

Danny

Errota
27-07-2015, 17:24
I see, but if he was to chargeback then it would just suspend that 1 service?

Also he cannot, hes already tried but you (OVH) declined him since hes 16. Also how to I allow him to be a technical contact?

Dani
27-07-2015, 17:19
Hi

Its not recommended for you to have your friends service under your account. The best way is for your friend to have their own account under their own name.

Thanks

Danny

alvaroag
27-07-2015, 16:59
Well, theorically you can do that. However, your friend's service will be on your account. You can delegate most of the important access to your friend's account by putting him as technical contact. That way, he won't be able to place ordersor make anything that will cost you. But consider something: The service owner(in this case, you) is responsible for the service usage in front of OVH. If your friend made some missuse of the service, according to OVH TOS,you could get your account cancelled. Uncommon, as OVH mostly happens to suspend the service in such cases, but there have been cases where they suspended the whole account.

Errota
27-07-2015, 16:20
Hello,

Okay bit of a weird issue here, I have a number of services with OVh and Kimsufi. My friend is not 18 and tried to open an account but sent of all the documents but you then told us hes got to be 18, his parents won allow him either. So i'm thinking about ordering it on my account and then sending him the payment link however if he chargebacks or will this come back and play against me? Don't get me wrong I trust me but you never know. Is there anyway to work around this?

Kind regards,
Jamie J M