OVH Community, your new community space.

How ordering and paying for extra IPs work ?? IMPORTANT !

crossing
19-08-2015, 20:12
SYS server ns384566.

I don't understand why I have been charged 2 times, once when I ordered extra 3 IPs and once on server due date only after 3 days. So I paid 12 euros for 3 IPs. More then this the 3 IPs were moved to another server immediately after I order it ( in seconds !) .

The IPs in question :

51.254.21.83 - The IP was ordered and paid on 10-Aug-15 and immediately moved to server ns365342
51.254.21.86 - The IP was ordered and paid on 10-Aug-15 and immediately moved to server ns365342
46.105.51.17 - The IP was ordered and paid on 29-Jul-15 and immediately moved to server ns312956

On 15 August 2015 I received suspension notification for the above IPs even if I just paid them on 10 August/29 Jul ! As the IPs were already used you forced me to pay them again. I have opened one ticket to ask for clarification and refund but SYS don't want to refund me or explain me how system really works. I need my money back and clarification about how you charge for the IPs as I think I will be charged the 3rd time now for the server where the IPs are attached now !

PLEASE RESOLVE AND EXPLAIN.

marks
19-08-2015, 12:46
could you provide your server details, so we can check it? depending whether it's SYS or OVH server, will work differently.

Thanks.

crossing
19-08-2015, 07:35
Is this a classified information or what ?

crossing
18-08-2015, 17:16
Is it someone from support actually planning to answer me so I know how IP ordering/payment processing really works ?????????????

crossing
18-08-2015, 07:52
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
Not an official response, but I think I know what happens. When you order the IPs over your 16 free IPs, you pay in advance for 1 month of each IP starting on the date they assign you the IPs. After that, you will have to pay for the IPs in advance together with the server, so your additional IPs will not expire before the server.

To set an example, let's assume your server expires on 2015-08-25, and you ordered your IPs yesterday. Then, you would have paid yesterday €6 for the IPs until 2015-09-16. Because the server expires in some a few days, your invoice is generated. When generating the server invoice, the next expiration date would be 2015-09-25 for the server, but the IPs expire before that, so the invoicing system adds you another full month for the IPs so you don't have to pay an spare order for those IPs. That way, the server would expire on 2015-09-25, but the IPs would expire on 2015-10-16.

Again, that was only an example, and I'm not OVH/SYS staff.
I need someone from stuff to confirm that. I also need to know what happen on your example if exactly after I bought the IPs on 2015-09-16 I immediately move the IPs to another server. Is it normal to be invoiced for the IPs when the initial server is invoices and expires in a few days ? More than this , is it normal to have the 3 IPs suspended only 3 days after I paid for them only because the initial server due date is expired (but paid) ?

alvaroag
17-08-2015, 20:26
Not an official response, but I think I know what happens. When you order the IPs over your 16 free IPs, you pay in advance for 1 month of each IP starting on the date they assign you the IPs. After that, you will have to pay for the IPs in advance together with the server, so your additional IPs will not expire before the server.

To set an example, let's assume your server expires on 2015-08-25, and you ordered your IPs yesterday. Then, you would have paid yesterday €6 for the IPs until 2015-09-16. Because the server expires in some a few days, your invoice is generated. When generating the server invoice, the next expiration date would be 2015-09-25 for the server, but the IPs expire before that, so the invoicing system adds you another full month for the IPs so you don't have to pay an spare order for those IPs. That way, the server would expire on 2015-09-25, but the IPs would expire on 2015-10-16.

Again, that was only an example, and I'm not OVH/SYS staff.

crossing
17-08-2015, 19:58
Hello,

Recently I had some issues with some IP invoicing. For this reason I need someone from OVH/SYS to clarify how ordering and paying works for extra IPs.

For example if I have one server with 16 free IPs attached and I order extra 3 IPs for which I pay 6 euro when I order them (for one month) and after 1 day invoice is generated for the server is it normal to be invoiced AGAIN with 6 euro for those 3 IPs ? Because exactly that happened to me, and I was forced to pay. So, from what I see we must pay 2 times for the extra IPs, once when we order it 2 euro per IP and when server is monthly invoiced, so we lose 2 euro per IP only because we order the IP.