OVH Community, your new community space.

Dedi's being Throttled to 1 MB/s Upload?

gotburned
30-10-2008, 19:44
That's fine Octave, after OVH lied to me with kimsufi, I'm gonna give you guys even more money so you can eventually cap pro series and come out with Mega series which everyone on pro will be forced to pay more for? hahahha
you're very funny.

Believe I am going to every forum I can and Hosting conferences (which I frequent anyway) to spread the word to warn potential ovh customers that there IS something they need to know that OVH can do WHAT they want, when they want with YOUR money, and they obviously don't refund, You're going to regret the day you ripped us kimsufi users off Octave.

I'm going to make it my personal mission to make you and ovh pay for this.
Be smart and refund my payment as well as every other honest kimsufi user that was completely ripped off by you.

OVH this is the start of a trend, you picked a few servers out of the tons of servers to make an example of us, was no other reason for it, most of my traffic was in the internal network, which any decent hosting company does not count internal network in the 95% percentile.

Octave, you're a greedy, shiftless individual and you will not be hearing the last of us.

yooty
30-10-2008, 19:19
Dear customer,

you're speed isn't capped, your server is just in noSLA mode, this means you get best effort at the time. read this post for more information: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.ph...&highlight=SLA

Regards, Folarin.

This is the **** i got palmed off with,i still have 25 days left on this server my other server runs out in 3 days time which will not be renewed,i explained to them i want the remaining 25 days credited back into my bank account if nothing can be sorted out,which looks like nothing will, gotburned you are correct it seems we have to search some forum for answers,any half descent company would do the one thing and e-mail everyone about the situation,but i guess if you are pulling in 200 dedicated servers a day..why bother.

oles@ovh.net
30-10-2008, 19:12
gotburned a écrit:
>
> okay Octave.
>
> The 91.121.143.117 IP, which I will not be renewing is what I emailed

You have a kimsufi. rsk08xxl, renewed 2 oct. paid 46

http://www.kimsufi.co.uk
100 Mbps (not always guaranteed SLA standard network)
Your burst is limited to 10Mbps because 95th Output is 42.5 Mb/s.
You want to use all the time 100Mbps and we don't propose it
on Kimsufi. On Kimsufi your have a burst 100Mbps that you can
use for free during 5% of month (36 hours). Not all the time.
On PRO yes you can use it all the time. Not on Kimsufi.

More information about:
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=998
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1075

gotburned
30-10-2008, 18:47
okay Octave.

The 91.121.143.117 IP, which I will not be renewing is what I emailed you about and you lied to me, said you changed nothing, when in fact you changed to NoSLA in the very middle of the month, effectively you/ovh cheated me out of over $100 and I want a refund.

I tried being civil with you, tried asking you to let me have a second chance at SLA but it was too much off your back, so now, I want no business with OVH, I am on here to let everyone know about ovh's shady business practices and dishonest tricks you pull on unsuspecting loyal customers (loyal customers being someone who stays with you guys for months) and am also here to get my money refunded.

IF ovh is such an honest company, than a refund should be given without question since you crippled my server.

You can't lure new customers in with promises of this and that and cripple their servers because they didn't read some stupid forum post you decide to write. What kind of crap is that?

Just give me my money back

oles@ovh.net
30-10-2008, 11:02
gotburned a écrit:
>

My name is Octave. And you what is your server's name ?

turbanator
30-10-2008, 06:22
Quote Originally Posted by gotburned
Abucted: that's because ovh hasn't ripped you off yet by throttling you in the middle of the month.

I was happy with my ovh for the months I had it til a couple weeks back when Oles capped my connection to 1MBytes/s upload.
I was surprised not to have received an email or anything from ovh to let me know that I was using too much bandwidth, and to stop or the consequences would be NoSLA.

It was cleverly done behind my back, no warning, no nothing. OVH just kept my money.

I read on here Oles saying to email him if you're one of the few that this has happened to and he may or may not change his mind.
Well I emailed him and mentioned that I was unaware of this and that if set back into SLA mode that I would adhere to what he said I should do or not do. Also mentioned that I have been a loyal customer, never late on a payment..

Oles eventually emailed me back and sent me a link to the forum post about SLA. Well thank you so very much Oles, that really helps me now eh?

He then wrote and I have screenshots and can forward proof that Oles lied to me, playing off of an assumed ignorance/stupidity, saying that "we changed nothing, it's not a guaranteed SLA standard network"

I kept saying, but it SAYS NoSLA in my panel, he continued to lie and said he changed nothing.
Sad OVH, stayed with you guys through all this time, these backhanded tactics are pathetic, and you may gloat about selling out your servers, but the more people you do this to the more they're gonna say oh wait, I'll spend a bit more and not be Shafted by a hosting company that dishonestly throttles and doesn't tell you about it.

Oles, I am a customer and I want a refund, my email is attached to this account I signed up for, for the forums. Refund my half of the month that you stole from me.

Regards.
agreed..

gotburned
30-10-2008, 05:59
Abucted: that's because ovh hasn't ripped you off yet by throttling you in the middle of the month.

I was happy with my ovh for the months I had it til a couple weeks back when Oles capped my connection to 1MBytes/s upload.
I was surprised not to have received an email or anything from ovh to let me know that I was using too much bandwidth, and to stop or the consequences would be NoSLA.

It was cleverly done behind my back, no warning, no nothing. OVH just kept my money.

I read on here Oles saying to email him if you're one of the few that this has happened to and he may or may not change his mind.
Well I emailed him and mentioned that I was unaware of this and that if set back into SLA mode that I would adhere to what he said I should do or not do. Also mentioned that I have been a loyal customer, never late on a payment..

Oles eventually emailed me back and sent me a link to the forum post about SLA. Well thank you so very much Oles, that really helps me now eh?

He then wrote and I have screenshots and can forward proof that Oles lied to me, playing off of an assumed ignorance/stupidity, saying that "we changed nothing, it's not a guaranteed SLA standard network"

I kept saying, but it SAYS NoSLA in my panel, he continued to lie and said he changed nothing.
Sad OVH, stayed with you guys through all this time, these backhanded tactics are pathetic, and you may gloat about selling out your servers, but the more people you do this to the more they're gonna say oh wait, I'll spend a bit more and not be Shafted by a hosting company that dishonestly throttles and doesn't tell you about it.

Oles, I am a customer and I want a refund, my email is attached to this account I signed up for, for the forums. Refund my half of the month that you stole from me.

Regards.

Abducted
29-10-2008, 21:45
I think what Oles is trying to say is that if the product and service was really as bad as you guys say it is in general, then it would be much busier here seeing that so many servers are rented every day. But apparently most of them are happy with their server. I'm glad i didn't read these kind of messages before ordering my server, because i might not have ordered one. But i'm glad i did because it's been working great for me. I've never had any bandwidth problems. I once thought i did, but it turned out Apache on a windows server is just a bad idea if you're looking for high bandwidth.

Winit
29-10-2008, 17:43
Oles is trying to help you. If you aren't willing to give him the necessary information, he can't help you.

oles@ovh.net
29-10-2008, 13:20
pauliewallie a écrit:
>
> oles@ovh.net;9264 Wrote:
>> > Wow now you are showing your true colours,you dont give a **** as

>> long
>> > as 200 dedicated servers go out each day,little do your new

>> customers
>> > know about SLA,your reputation for OVH is going down the ****ter

>> mister.
>>
>> you aren't a ovh's customer. you have no dedicated server in ovh. if
>> you are, give the name of your dedicated server and the problem you
>> have.

>
> Giving out server info in a public forum? LOL thanks for the advice

okey so you aren't our customer and you come here just because
you want to make a bad opinion about ovh. now, everything is
clear.

pauliewallie
29-10-2008, 13:11
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
> Wow now you are showing your true colours,you dont give a **** as long
> as 200 dedicated servers go out each day,little do your new customers
> know about SLA,your reputation for OVH is going down the ****ter mister.

you aren't a ovh's customer. you have no dedicated server in ovh. if
you are, give the name of your dedicated server and the problem you
have.
Giving out server info in a public forum? LOL thanks for the advice

oles@ovh.net
29-10-2008, 12:02
> Wow now you are showing your true colours,you dont give a **** as long
> as 200 dedicated servers go out each day,little do your new customers
> know about SLA,your reputation for OVH is going down the ****ter mister.

you aren't a ovh's customer. you have no dedicated server in ovh. if
you are, give the name of your dedicated server and the problem you
have.

yooty
29-10-2008, 09:38
so why are you come back here ? if you aren't happy with ovh, no problem.
each day we have 200 new dedicated server sold out. every day of month.
I believe lot of customers in Europe and in UK are happy with Ovh. we
have 42000 dedicated servers right now ...

Wow now you are showing your true colours,you dont give a **** as long as 200 dedicated servers go out each day,little do your new customers know about SLA,reputation for OVH is going down the ****ter mister.

oles@ovh.net
29-10-2008, 08:52
pauliewallie a écrit:
>
> hybriid;9218 Wrote:
>> Umm, no they aren't investigating because it was done intentionally...
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> So, how can this be fixed? If not, well, I'm not renewing any of the 5
>> boxes I currently have with OVH. It's pathetic and will take my business
>> elsewhere if unwelcome here. They lose more than me.

>
> Ive already told my customers that I am not using OvH anymore, looks
> like this might be the last straw. Its not even about the throttling
> anymore, its about keeping us informed. Great Job Ovh

so why are you come back here ? if you aren't happy with ovh, no problem.
each day we have 200 new dedicated server sold out. every day of month.
I believe lot of customers in Europe and in UK are happy with Ovh. we
have 42000 dedicated servers right now ...

pauliewallie
29-10-2008, 03:01
Quote Originally Posted by hybriid
Umm, no they aren't investigating because it was done intentionally...

So, how can this be fixed? If not, well, I'm not renewing any of the 5 boxes I currently have with OVH. It's pathetic and will take my business elsewhere if unwelcome here. They lose more than me.
Ive already told my customers that I am not using OvH anymore, looks like this might be the last straw. Its not even about the throttling anymore, its about keeping us informed. [sarcasm] Great Job Ovh [/sarcasm]

helpseeker
28-10-2008, 21:18
rotfl

Can you please tell us how did you first hear about OVH? Magazines (which one?), Internet, friends or any other source.
that's how they resolve such an issue?

Did they linked to you this post too:
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php?p=8584&postcount=18
?

hybriid
28-10-2008, 20:46
Umm, no they aren't investigating because it was done intentionally...

Dear Sir / Madam,

Your server has been put in noSLA mode as you were using the network intensively with it. Hence it is now capped to 10Mbps.

We have an SLA for the bandwidth that must be abided by. Please look at the following link for all the details:
http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=998

Can you please tell us how did you first hear about OVH? Magazines (which one?), Internet, friends or any other source.

You may wish to view our help guide for any further queries at http://help.ovh.co.uk/ or you can contact us on customersupport@ovh.co.uk.

Also don't forget to check out our latest offers.

Kind Regards,
Marco,
OVH
So, how can this be fixed? If not, well, I'm not renewing any of the 5 boxes I currently have with OVH. It's pathetic and will take my business elsewhere if unwelcome here. They lose more than me.

Andy
28-10-2008, 11:15
Please search the forum. There are numerous active topics on the subject.

Summary: OVH is aware of the problem and is investigating.

hybriid
28-10-2008, 03:58
Hi there, I just wanted to ask if OVH are now throttling dedicated server users? I've had a Kimsufi XXL 100 mbit of the old ones (before the new lower spec ones released) and it's been doing me fine for months but as of a few hours ago, it seems the upload traffic speeds have been capped/throttled to a mere 1 MB/s? Is this normal? Does OVH now throttle users? If yes, why? Aren't we paying for unmetered bandwidth? And how is this resolved? Automatically lifted after set period or something? What's going on?!