We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Setup fee despite renewing before expiration

Criot
06-10-2015, 10:37
As mentioned you'd of chosen to pay 8.50 per month (for 6 months, not 12) rather than paying the upfront setup fee.

alvaroag
05-10-2015, 16:45
That looks more like you chose to be charged 8.50 additional each month for one year instead of paying the whole setup fee (85) at once when placing your order. The advantage: If you cancel the server before the 10th month, you will end up saving some money. The disadvantage: If you preserve the server past the 10th month, you will end up paying 17 more than if you had chosen to pay the whole setup fee at once.

kougi
05-10-2015, 14:46
Hi,
I'm wondering why I'm forced to pay a 8.50 set-up fee every single month to keep my server online.

I think that this is an unfair "hidden cost", especially considering that once a server has been configured once, it shouldn't take much manual labour by SYS/OVH to simply extend the rental period.

If I continue renewing the server each month before it expires - what is the "Setup fee - 1 month" even for? The server is up and running smoothly, nobody needs to set anything up. It should just acknowledge that the server has been paid for an additional month.

Does anyone else take issue with the monthly set-up fee? When I first rented the server I thought it'd be a one off fee.

(I realize paying monthly may not be the most efficient method, but it's the best I can do in my current situation)