We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Will this scenario effect my other physical servers?

AlbaHost
13-10-2015, 15:42
Quote Originally Posted by HostRange
OVH in my experience usually block port 25 if spam is being sent out.

I would advise you to monitor your IPs though a service like https://hetrixtools.com/ - They offer some free IP monitoring
Same here, it was happened many times but lucky they block port 25 and we take actions and deleted/terminated such customers.

HostRange
09-10-2015, 17:00
OVH in my experience usually block port 25 if spam is being sent out.

I would advise you to monitor your IPs though a service like https://hetrixtools.com/ - They offer some free IP monitoring

alvaroag
09-10-2015, 16:13
If your server is attacked and a hacker gains control over it (directly or with a rootkit or similar), and it starts to send large amount of malicious traffic, OVH will put your server into rescue mode, and will ask you to solve the problem . The first time, you will be able to unlock it from rescue and reboot into normal mode, just by stating you have solved the problem. Next time, your server will be put into ftp-rescue mode and you will have to reinstall it to continue using it.

ozgurerdogan
09-10-2015, 07:23
It is usual that sometimes servers might have vulnerability. Meanwhile, spammers might use server for spam sending. Of course I take all action, but what I am thinking of, would ovh shut down that server or orher server for the first time they detect spam sending. Or ovh would give some time to fix the problem.

alvaroag
08-10-2015, 18:38
OVH TOS forbid SPAM, so, as the server admin, you are responsible to put all security measures on your server to ensure it will not send SPAM.

If your server sends large volumes of SPAM, OVH will suspend or cancel your server. However, if same behavior is repeated with other servers in your account, they may consider closing your account. Not really probable, but it has happened before.

A brief explanation on OVH anti spam system. Every time your server establishes a connection on port 25 (SMTP), an automated system will inspect(in parallel, not intrusive) the whole TCP conversation, and will assign a SPAM score to each message sent, the same way spamassassin does. If your server constantly send large amounts of SPAM, based on the score, they may take actions.

Smally1997
08-10-2015, 16:27
As far as I'm aware you are responsible for your own servers it does breach the ToS of ovh so they would be well within their right to terminate all your servers.

ozgurerdogan
08-10-2015, 15:18
What if one of my dedicated server admin sends large spam mails with out my knowledge? Would it cause server shut down? Would it cause my OTHER physical server also shut down?
Or sys will first block ports and if it continues do other shut down stuff?