OVH Community, your new community space.

Gibraltararian citizen + VAT exceptions = Standard questions?

njsCVonly
20-10-2015, 19:39
I'm sorry to inform two things.

1. The only country selectable when ordering through ovh.co.uk, is the United Kingdom, and so I can proceed no further through purchase on via this domain.

2. When purchasing through OVH.ie, VAT is not discounted for Gibraltar. I am charged E70 + E16(VAT). I choose not to proceed further.

Unless staff remove this VAT pre purchase, please consider order number 44047578 as cancelled.

njsCVonly
15-10-2015, 02:32
Thank you for the response alvarog!

All VAT exemptions are applied before payment, after validation.
Good to hear!

OVH UK is based in London, so they apply VAT according to UK laws. VAT exemptions usually are applied to customers outside the EU, so that surely doesn't counts for you.
Again, thank you very much. I didn't expect you to dive into any legal wranglings, but Gibraltarian citzens and businesses are most certainly, as a purchaser of goods and services within the EU, exempt from VAT, as Gibraltar isn't within the EU Trade Union. This isn't something I was concerned about, this is something I deal with on a day to day basis.

I will have to research if, as a EU provider of non-VAT-subject services, the legal wranglings of my own customers and their VAT-subject status. Lawyers and accountants aren't hard to come by here.

Best regards,

njsCVonly

alvaroag
15-10-2015, 01:30
Hi.

- All VAT exemptions are applied before payment, after validation.

- There's no preffered domain to place your order, but rather the mandatory one. As Gibraltar is part of the UK, you should place your order on OVH.co.uk. OVH UK is based in London, so they apply VAT according to UK laws. VAT exemptions usually are applied to customers outside the EU, so that surely doesn't counts for you. So, unless UK laws set VAT exemption/refund for citizens/companies based in Gibraltar (I don't know about that), there should be no difference.

- First you should validate your identity. They will ask you for an ID, driving license, passport, or equivalent, as well as a proof of address. Then you should add company-related documentation, that is, a VAT ID, and maybe some legal document they may require; in general conditions, nothin uncommon. That is only for identity validation; the intended usage of the server does not matters.

njsCVonly
14-10-2015, 22:50
Hi there,

I'm a Gibraltarian citizen and resident with more than enough documentation, and will, to prove so. In future, I'm considering beginning my own business providing IT services and solutions.

• Does OVH allow VAT exceptions pre-purchase? Or is this a post-purchase-query-and-refund situation?

• Is there any particular OVH domain preferential to do this through? Many years ago, .ie [Ireland] was the "minimal" VAT preferred: is this still not the case?

• What extra necessities, ie, legal documentation or business agreements, are there for VAT-exempt companies to purchase-then-provide as a 3rd party to end customer through OVH?

Many thanks,

njsCVonly

[Edit]
Can staff edit the post topic from "Gibraltararian citizen" to "Gibraltarian citizen"?