OVH Community, your new community space.

HW Raid Servers gone forever ?

raid_level
31-10-2015, 14:51
Deleted.

raid_level
29-10-2015, 14:57
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
Reasons for this is quite simple, the OVH ranges have newer hardware, more bandwidth, better features etc and therefore they charge more to cover those costs. You'll find a lot of companies charge more for new hardware within the first year or two to cover their costs of the hardware, and then they will drop the prices as after they've covered hardware costs, they only need to cover power, space, bandwidth and maintenance costs etc. OVH is exactly the same as other companies, except they've split up into different brands, SoYouStart gets older used hardware at a cheaper price, but comes with less features.

I would imagine the HW RAID servers have been removed to make way for upcoming new ranges, I'd expect SoYouStart to be getting the older E5/E5 V2 processors which were in use for a few years at OVH.
I wonder what will happen with SYS hw raid servers left by clients.

Criot
29-10-2015, 11:00
Quote Originally Posted by raid_level
On OVH I don't see any 3x300GB SSD HW Raid server for 45 euro ( or 55 with 6 months fee) ... I also don't find and 96GB RAM server with HW Raid for 60 euro..(70 with fee)..

Much higher prices on OVH compare with was on SYS.
Reasons for this is quite simple, the OVH ranges have newer hardware, more bandwidth, better features etc and therefore they charge more to cover those costs. You'll find a lot of companies charge more for new hardware within the first year or two to cover their costs of the hardware, and then they will drop the prices as after they've covered hardware costs, they only need to cover power, space, bandwidth and maintenance costs etc. OVH is exactly the same as other companies, except they've split up into different brands, SoYouStart gets older used hardware at a cheaper price, but comes with less features.

I would imagine the HW RAID servers have been removed to make way for upcoming new ranges, I'd expect SoYouStart to be getting the older E5/E5 V2 processors which were in use for a few years at OVH.

raid_level
29-10-2015, 06:14
Quote Originally Posted by alex
more likely, if you wish one, order via OVH.com website
On OVH I don't see any 3x300GB SSD HW Raid server for 45 euro ( or 55 with 6 months fee) ... I also don't find and 96GB RAM server with HW Raid for 60 euro..(70 with fee)..

Much higher prices on OVH compare with was on SYS.

alex
28-10-2015, 20:59
Victim of its success!
Available soon.
more likely, if you wish one, order via OVH.com website

raid_level
28-10-2015, 20:58
Hello,

Are the HW Raid Servers gone forever ?