OVH Community, your new community space.

Server been unusable for last week or so

Aussy
08-11-2015, 13:04
It's finally fixed, they had to replace motherboard ram and power supply...

Getting OVH support, to contact manager of SYS made things go very fast.

Also will be getting compensation, so least that's something

Criot
05-11-2015, 08:56
OVH support won't assist in diagnosing the issue, so if you can't find the cause there isn't much that can be done, especially if the hardware tests came back fine.

Have you tried installation with a completely different OS, and also are you using the OVH kernel or the distros default kernel?

Aussy
04-11-2015, 09:24
yawnnnnnnnnnnn this is getting tiresome

Aussy
02-11-2015, 15:12
So, was able to do a hardware tests, none of them failed... I reformatted / Reinstalled windows and crashing still happens every 2minutes after server starts up... I'm still yet to get a response from support about this....

After reformatting, it still crashes.... and yet still no new server, or replacement hardware.... just wasting my money away.

Also hired an a mangement company and they couldn't find a cause or fix it

Aussy
01-11-2015, 02:44
GUI would make it a lot easier, however I have no such link in my email My server is Windows 2012

Criot
31-10-2015, 14:46
You are given access to a GUI, there should be a link in the email that you click which takes you to the rescue GUI for you to perform a few hardware tests.

I'd recommend you hire a management company to try and find the cause for you, i'm afraid OVH won't help you with finding the cause of the problem.

Aussy
31-10-2015, 02:47
Like, I have read all of this http://help.ovh.ie/RescueMode , but not a single command works.

The email that gets sent to me when it boots into rescue mode is, telling me to login as winpe, so I try that, nothing works. so I tried root, also nothing works... If anyone is able to point me into the right direction, I would be very grateful.

Aussy
30-10-2015, 11:49
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
When you put it into rescue mode you should get a link and password via email, you can use that to test RAM, CPU and Hard Drives.

Unfortunately OVH are completely unmanaged, it's up to you to find the fault and then provide them with the evidence of what's causing it, then they'll fix what they need to if it's hardware. It might be worth hiring a management company to find the fault for you.
Yeah, I got that email. I put it into PuTTY, the IP, then the CMD pops up, put in the username then password, but I have no idea what to do from there, noone of the commands work for me, I'm following their guide too...

I would be fine with finding my own servers fault even though I pay monthly for it, and it's their hardware thats failing, if only I knew how to actually test the hardware....

Criot
30-10-2015, 11:28
When you put it into rescue mode you should get a link and password via email, you can use that to test RAM, CPU and Hard Drives.

Unfortunately OVH are completely unmanaged, it's up to you to find the fault and then provide them with the evidence of what's causing it, then they'll fix what they need to if it's hardware. It might be worth hiring a management company to find the fault for you.

Aussy
30-10-2015, 08:00
Hey guys,

Soon as the server boots up and is pingable, 1-2minutes and it crashes again and then intervention is created and then intervention is cancelled because it's back up and running and pinging it is successfull, but it's back down / not reachable minute later and the cycle continues...

They told me to test the hardware myself, which I have no idea how to do, I rebooted it into winrescue and no commands were working, using SSH through PuTTy, and sadly I don't know any linux commands to do anything useful inside SSH, if it had a GUI / Interface I would be fine, but it doesn't and they expect me to fix it by myself..

Any help is appreciated, the guide says to type fdisk -l but it's unrecognized term.