OVH Community, your new community space.

Cant Use My Failover IP for Ubuntu Server

Dani
15-12-2015, 17:23
Hi

Based on your environment, it appears your using vmware, and your building your own VM, did you create a virtual MAC address from the OVH manager and add this to the eth0 adapter?

Best Regards

Danny

na.ex
15-12-2015, 00:41
I'm still waiting for a solution. please any help..
Or can somebody install this for me please??

na.ex
14-11-2015, 01:06
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
A common issue with Debian-based distros (Ubuntu included) is that the default network configuration won't allow a gateway outside the subnet, which is exactly what OVH needs. Here's how to fix that.

Consider the following:

- Your main IP is A.B.C.D
- Your FO IP is E.F.G.H

On your Ubuntu VPS, Put the following on /etc/network/interfaces:

Of course, replace the letters with corresponding IP. Also, if your virtual NIC is not eth0, replace it to match your virtual hardware. Then, restart networking("/etc/init.d/networking restart") or reboot the VPS. That should do the job.
This method doesnt work for me. i have done what you said but it doesnt work. Do you have any solutions?

na.ex
10-11-2015, 22:16
To moderator: Why don't you publish my replies??

This method doesnt work for me. i have done what you said but it doesnt work.

alvaroag
09-11-2015, 12:12
A common issue with Debian-based distros (Ubuntu included) is that the default network configuration won't allow a gateway outside the subnet, which is exactly what OVH needs. Here's how to fix that.

Consider the following:

- Your main IP is A.B.C.D
- Your FO IP is E.F.G.H

On your Ubuntu VPS, Put the following on /etc/network/interfaces:

iface eth0 inet static
address E.F.G.H
netmask 255.255.255.255
broadcast E.F.G.H
post-up /sbin/ip -4 r a A.B.C.254 dev eth0
post-up /sbin/ip -4 r a 0.0.0.0/0 via A.B.C.254 dev eth0
pre-down /sbin/ip -4 r d 0.0.0.0/0 via A.B.C.254 dev eth0
pre-down /sbin/ip -4 r d A.B.C.254 dev eth0
Of course, replace the letters with corresponding IP. Also, if your virtual NIC is not eth0, replace it to match your virtual hardware. Then, restart networking("/etc/init.d/networking restart") or reboot the VPS. That should do the job.

na.ex
09-11-2015, 12:04
Hi all,

I got Failover-IP adresses but i couldn't use it for my ubuntu virtual server. I can configure the failover ip adresses for centos or other linux versions. But in ubuntu i couldn't make it. I followed also instructions in the documentation page, but it didn't work for me.
Can anyone help me please?