We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

120 second setup lie

CobbyJ
26-11-2015, 11:54
I requested a refund over 9 days ago now and have still not received it, the operations of this company is the worst i have ever seen, if i do not receive it within 3 days i will simply do a credit card charge back or paypal dispute as this is unacceptable and i would recommend anyone else in the same position to do the same. and just run from anything to do with OVH.

This is the worst experience of any company i have ever had, i will never recommend them to anyone.

WORST COMPANY EVER!!!!

spiderindo
24-11-2015, 18:04
Validation process always takes time, after validated in my experience OVH offers server < 60 seconds ready to use.

This is my last order:
Payment Validated -- 17 November 2015 at 17:17
Server Ready -- 17 November 2015 at 17:42 Installation of your dedicated server ns508710

You see only takes 25 minutes then server ready to use. Have a nice day to me

DigitalDaz
18-11-2015, 12:23
Quote Originally Posted by CobbyJ
Never the less this has still been misleading a lie on their end and should not be allowed to operate this way!!!!

It is totally wrong plain and simple not to state or inform clients of that. this is not the way to do business.
It actually does tell you part way through the ordering process that the payment may be subject to manual validation.

Get used to it if you are going to continue to use OVH, which I would advise you to do.

At the end of the day you still getting the best bang for you buck here, though I do think the best days have passed.

I'd just like to add that I have had many a server from OVH, that has probably been within a minute, never mind 120 seconds, on the flip side I have also waited over a week.

CobbyJ
15-11-2015, 14:00
Never the less this has still been misleading a lie on their end and should not be allowed to operate this way!!!!

It is totally wrong plain and simple not to state or inform clients of that. this is not the way to do business.

Criot
15-11-2015, 13:54
Quote Originally Posted by CobbyJ
They do not state this anywhere within their site or within any emails!!!!!

I work for a web hosting company and we would never treat a client like that and make them wait 48 hours. just simply not acceptable.

I challenge you to find any information about this wait on their website!!

I think a refund is in order as this is one of the biggest cons and lack of service i have ever seen, will never recommend OVH to anyone.
We've never stated that it is on their website, you've simply been informed.

Again, request a refund and they'll deal with that during normal working hours.

CobbyJ
15-11-2015, 13:20
They do not state this anywhere within their site or within any emails!!!!!

I work for a web hosting company and we would never treat a client like that and make them wait 48 hours. just simply not acceptable.

I challenge you to find any information about this wait on their website!!

I think a refund is in order as this is one of the biggest cons and lack of service i have ever seen, will never recommend OVH to anyone.

Criot
14-11-2015, 17:24
It's already been explained to you that the validation process is manual for new accounts and will happen only during their staff working hours, they do have 24/7 technicians in the datacenters, however sales, billing general support etc is not available at weekends, this is normal at a high percentage of companies with Technical support only available 24/7.

Your only option is to wait and either validate your account from Monday (when staff are working) or request a refund, again from Monday, when staff are working.

CobbyJ
14-11-2015, 16:52
have not revived any information apart from order numbers, so your start says still wait

This is ridicules, they only take orders monday - firday 9 -5.

Im requesting a full £167.98 refund plus fees, not acceptable, SYS says "We check your payment manually " and thats it, i was able to to get to my account my a password request and the same for OVH and submitted tickets.

120 SECONDS IS A TOTAL LIE NOW 8 HOURS AND NOTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOT ACCEPTABLE!!

alvaroag
14-11-2015, 15:56
VPS are setup anytime, as long as your account has been validated. So, I think the problem is your account is not validated. Haven't you received an email with steps on how to validate it?

CobbyJ
14-11-2015, 15:33
For a massive company who does not work weekends is not really acceptable, i think i will be asking for a refund

has now been 6 hours for a dedicated servers and 18 hours for a vps server i ordered from OVH, simply not acceptable level of any kind of support.

alvaroag
14-11-2015, 15:14
Not exactly. It's almost true, but there are two facts OVH does not explain before purchasing:

1. Orders are only processed from Monday to Friday, on working hours of each datacenter,
2. If it'Ħs your first order, you may need to validate your account. In such case, you will receive an email from OVH with the steps you may follow, but that will take one or two days in most cases.

Considering that two facts, they do setup servers really fast. Two weeks ago, I ordered two EG32, one in RBX, and one in BHS. The first one was setup within the 120 seconds; the second one took a little bit longer, but I think no longer than 300 seconds.

CobbyJ
14-11-2015, 13:28
I purchased a server over 4 hours ago and has still not been setup, the 120 second setup time is a blatant lie.

I am not happy at all about this.

Please sort it out.