OVH Community, your new community space.

vRouter?

Muhammad adnan
02-02-2016, 11:22
A Virtual Router, or Router, is a software function that replicates in software the functionality of a hardware-based Layer 3 Internet protocol (IP) routing, which has traditionally used a dedicated hardware device. It is often used as a generic term for virtual routing, but it is also included in the name of several brand-name commercial
products.
Virtual routing is a form of network function(NFV) in which the functions of traditional hardware-based network appliances are converted to software than can be run on standard Commercial Off-the-Shelf (COTS) hardware. This has advantages of lowering hardware costs and allowing more hardware interoperability, rather than requiring a proprietary hardware platform.

Telco Systems’ vRouter application enables service providers to offer business customers with Layer 3 routing functionality as-a-services. Through the Cloud Metro centralized orchestration, vRouter is deployed quickly and on-demand making customer hardware installation and on-premises technicians redundant.
Cloud Metro vRouter only requires the deployment of the NFV based edge device, unlike existing methodologies requiring the deployment both the switches at the provider’s edge and routers at the customer premises. vRouter provides service providers greater flexibility in service design, and enabling cost-savings related to hardware and operations.

AmiGO
30-11-2015, 21:53
I've noticed in my web manager - OVH Sunrise and feature:

"New routeur

One router to rule them all; one vRack to bind them in the darkness.
Integrate the router into the vRack:
"

What is that? How to use it? I want to try it!