OVH Community, your new community space.

Question about failover ip

K-Xander
06-12-2015, 12:17
Oh, so you can't get an ip outside of EU. Since i saw different non-eu countries in that list i thought you can.

Thanks for the answer, apreciated.

alvaroag
06-12-2015, 03:33
You can't get a FO IP from.CA or US if your server is located in FR. Servers in FR can only get IPs from EU countries, and servers located in CA can only get IPs from CA and US.

Even when the routes are slightly different for FO IPs from different countries, the latency will be almost the same, so you won't get almost any difference.

K-Xander
06-12-2015, 01:58
Hello

I have several failover ips (france as country) and my server is located in france as well.

I would like to ask: if I use a failover ip from a different country like US /Canada will the ping going to be the same as I would get on a france ip? Like if some us citizen connects to my US ip will his latency going to be lower (like ~70) comparing to a france ip where latency is around ~200 for a non-eu client ?

Does the ip failover from US/CA will help lowering the ping value or the ping will still have the same value as between the us citizen and the physical location of the server which is france?