OVH Community, your new community space.

handle reliability vps

Criot
22-12-2015, 21:23
Quote Originally Posted by blackjackpsp
But this is a feature that the cloud VPS already implements, or that I must implement?

I need to provide a broker mosquitto, that uses ssl for authentication, on my cloud VPS. If the cloud server already handle load balancing and replication I can buy for a month and do tests
Cloud VPS uses SAN based storage I believe, so if the node you're located on goes offline, you'd be put online on another node. I personally use the Cloud VPS range and it's very reliable, however there was downtime with the old Cloud VPS services, whilst very infrequent it did happen. If you want to get as close to 100% uptime as possible, you're going to need to setup multiple servers with replication in multiple datacenters across the world, with multiple different providers, however you seem to lack that knowledge, so I'd suggest you stick with the Cloud VPS or Public Cloud, as that's about as close to 100% uptime you're going to get without more expertise.

blackjackpsp
22-12-2015, 17:57
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
There's no guarantee with that, there's always the possibility that it will go down.

Your best bet is to use the Public Cloud/Cloud VPS which guarantees the most reliability, and then use the IP Load Balancing and replication techniques to have servers in the other datacenters which you can automatically fail over to if your primary server goes offline.
But this is a feature that the cloud VPS already implements, or that I must implement?

I need to provide a broker mosquitto, that uses ssl for authentication, on my cloud VPS. If the cloud server already handle load balancing and replication I can buy for a month and do tests

Criot
22-12-2015, 17:09
Quote Originally Posted by blackjackpsp
Hi,
thanks for reply! I mean that I grant that server works always and never go down.
If the server go down my clients can't use the service that I provide them.
There's no guarantee with that, there's always the possibility that it will go down.

Your best bet is to use the Public Cloud/Cloud VPS which guarantees the most reliability, and then use the IP Load Balancing and replication techniques to have servers in the other datacenters which you can automatically fail over to if your primary server goes offline.

blackjackpsp
22-12-2015, 14:27
Quote Originally Posted by Criot
What do you mean by 'you must grant that the server doesn't go out never' - Do you mean in terms of downtime, or in terms of making sure it's always renewed?
Hi,
thanks for reply! I mean that I grant that server works always and never go down.
If the server go down my clients can't use the service that I provide them.

Criot
22-12-2015, 11:19
What do you mean by 'you must grant that the server doesn't go out never' - Do you mean in terms of downtime, or in terms of making sure it's always renewed?

blackjackpsp
21-12-2015, 17:54
Hi,
I have a VPS that I use as mqtt broker for a my app that use mqtt.
Now I must provide this service to my clients and I must grant that the server doesn't go out never.
How I can do this?