OVH Community, your new community space.

New question... still SLA ;0)

Andy
04-11-2008, 23:57
Quote Originally Posted by trogg
Thanks andy that but i get - but i throught i read somewhere that if ones using more than 20 mbit the other cant? or something along those lines - so i really need to limit the 100mbit to whatever the amount is so the 1Gbit can run past 100mbit.

If i didnt read that somewhere then never mind.
As long as they don't total more than your allotted bandwidth, you will be fine.

trogg
04-11-2008, 15:59
Thanks andy that but i get - but i throught i read somewhere that if ones using more than 20 mbit the other cant? or something along those lines - so i really need to limit the 100mbit to whatever the amount is so the 1Gbit can run past 100mbit.

If i didnt read that somewhere then never mind.

Andy
03-11-2008, 21:06
Quote Originally Posted by trogg
Hi all,

I'm moving over to Pro servers over the next couple of weeks.
Getting a SP mini and a EG Bestof, so a 100mbit and a 1gbit.
Am i right in thinking i get a 100mbit guarenteed between them. And then a burstable amount? Upto 500mbit external and 1Gbit internal? but to get that burst speed my SP mini needs to be running at less than 20mbit?

If thats right i've finally got my head around the SLA If not... still dont get it
If you have 2 PRO servers, your maximum bandwidth is guaranteed at 100Mbps.

If you have a 1Gbps server, you can burst up to 500Mbps external for up to 36 hours a month. Time starts counting down whenever your total bandwidth between both servers exceeds 100Mbps.

Basically, you have 100Mbps of bandwidth. If you exceed it, you use your burst allowance. If you exceed the burst allowance, your servers go into noBurst mode and you have 100Mbps maximum between them with no burst.

Number the bandwidth
of
servers per client per server
--------------------------------------------------
1 100Mbps 100Mbps
2 100Mbps 50Mbps
3 100Mbps 33Mbps
4 100Mbps 25Mbps
5 100Mbps 20Mbps
6 120Mbps 20Mbps
7 140Mbps 20Mbps
8 160Mbps 20Mbps
9 180Mbps 20Mbps
10 200Mbps 20Mbps
[...]
max 1Gbps

trogg
03-11-2008, 20:48
Please can i get an answer from ovh on this?
I'm trying to get my head around the new SLA, I'm moving my servers over to PRO ranges which is obviously half the point of the new SLA - but still no answers.
I LIKE the ovh network - its perfect for me - the peerings great - internal speeds with are amazing (well before new SLA - hoping moving to PRO will make the amazing again ).
But before I Triple the amount i pay I'd really like to know how much bandwidth I can use with the above setup.
This last thing i want to do is get setup on new machines only to find out i really need to pay out another 300 quid / month to get Business SLA.

I hate keep going on - and i release i wasnt as cordial as i could have been on my first visit to the forums - but like many i was angry and disapointed - and after the weekend i've had a fair bit of contact with OVH regarding other matters and they've been great.
Both phone and email support have been spot on helpful and polite.

Ok i know im rambling now but what im getting at is i like OVH i want to host my servers here - but if i cant be sure what im paying for, I'll have to go to someone more transparent, and i know Octave that me leaving wont affect your pockets - and im not just threatening leaving for the sake of it, I Just want you to understand where im at, because I'm sure theres got to be a few customers atleast who are now in similar positions to myself, and just dont know if its time to find a new host - or if this new SLA just looks a look worse after translation than it really is

trogg
03-11-2008, 08:45
For the money you cant really go wrong with either - just trying to work out what limits i need to set on the 100mbit so i can get the full use of the 1Gbit.

The1
02-11-2008, 05:38
Well all I know is the pro serve is 100mbs 24/7 and I'll be happy enough with that but shame the kimsufi had to go down the drain

trogg
02-11-2008, 03:52
Hi all,

I'm moving over to Pro servers over the next couple of weeks.
Getting a SP mini and a EG Bestof, so a 100mbit and a 1gbit.
Am i right in thinking i get a 100mbit guarenteed between them. And then a burstable amount? Upto 500mbit external and 1Gbit internal? but to get that burst speed my SP mini needs to be running at less than 20mbit?

If thats right i've finally got my head around the SLA If not... still dont get it