OVH Community, your new community space.

Server not accessible

spiderindo
31-01-2016, 13:28
Quote Originally Posted by biro
Hello, recently i added nameserver in Webmin panel and it messed network configuration. Server is not accessible through the internet. I can boot in rescue mode but have no idea what is the problem.
Is there any way to view log of boot messages? In rescue mode i mount the disk drive and can view the files and logs but can't find any boot log.
CentOS 6.7
Can you access your Server using IP?
If yes then do checking as @alvaroag suggested.

biro
09-01-2016, 08:45
Last boot.log entry is from 19. May 2015, i made few reboots yesterday. They are not logged, problem should be something else. Maybe server can't boot.

alvaroag
08-01-2016, 21:24
Depending on the system logger configuration, you may be able to see the boot log in one or more of the following locations:

/var/log/messages
/var/log/syslog
/var/log/kern
/var/log/boot

Another approach is that you double check /etc/sysconfig/network and /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 (replacing eth0 with your interface name, if needed).

biro
08-01-2016, 20:53
Hello, recently i added nameserver in Webmin panel and it messed network configuration. Server is not accessible through the internet. I can boot in rescue mode but have no idea what is the problem.
Is there any way to view log of boot messages? In rescue mode i mount the disk drive and can view the files and logs but can't find any boot log.
CentOS 6.7