OVH Community, your new community space.

What are the name servers?

marks
14-01-2016, 14:50
it's not the reverse you need to setup. It's ion the DNS section of your SYS manager and follow the intructions

zikkan
13-01-2016, 21:45
Quote Originally Posted by marks
for that, you can use your server IP/name as Danny said. For the secondary DNS, you can use the service we provide you for free in the OVH manager. It's called "Secondary DNS", and it does exactly that: provide you with an extra server to act as a copy of your primary DNS server.

Let us know if you need anything else.
None of the above have been working.. I keep getting the error; whenever i add it as reverse..

marks
13-01-2016, 18:11
Quote Originally Posted by zikkan
Hello..

I want to point my domain to my dedicated server.. Where do i find the correct nameservers?

Sincerely.
for that, you can use your server IP/name as Danny said. For the secondary DNS, you can use the service we provide you for free in the OVH manager. It's called "Secondary DNS", and it does exactly that: provide you with an extra server to act as a copy of your primary DNS server.

Let us know if you need anything else.

zikkan
13-01-2016, 15:03
Putting the same IP twice, it wont accept neither.. Ill look into creating custom nameservers. Thanks!

Criot
13-01-2016, 09:09
Quote Originally Posted by zikkan
Putting my single ip i can find in my control panel isnt enough for godaddy.. they need 2 ips
Just use the same IP twice, your best bet is setting up your own custom nameservers and point them to your servers IP Address.

zikkan
13-01-2016, 03:10
Putting my single ip i can find in my control panel isnt enough for godaddy.. they need 2 ips

Dani
12-01-2016, 10:21
Hi

Depending on the OS which you have installed the name servers maybe configured already and it would be the server name itself.

E.g.

ns12345.ip12-34-56-78.eu

Thanks

Danny

zikkan
12-01-2016, 01:05
Hello..

I want to point my domain to my dedicated server.. Where do i find the correct nameservers?

Sincerely.