OVH Community, your new community space.

New (and paid for) server suspended!

Dani
22-01-2016, 14:05
Hi

I have checked the ticket and the server, there appears to be an issue where by the server was suspended in error.

The server is now active and we have provided you with an commercial gesture in light of this issue.

Thanks

Danny

Criot
21-01-2016, 23:31
Quote Originally Posted by meez
Addition: A few hours later and the server is still blocked. Clearly this is a problem with their automated job that decides to suspend servers. Very buggy. I can see "null" as my expiration date, so I guess the job treats anything it does not now as expired. Shows clearly that OVH do not care very much about customers. Any decent dev would have implemented it as "needs validating by a human". However, I would still expect someone to unblock it manually within a decent time-frame.

Fortunately, this is not a prod server of mine. I got it to "evaluate" OVH, but I think that went out of the window. Will be taking my custom somwhere else. I really expected more from OVH.
OVH is a very automated company, they wouldn't implement a human verification system for suspensions, as you'd probably find that this sort of issue won't occur for most customers, I've been with OVH for 2 years and have never had any major problems, errors do occur in automated systems, it's unfortunate you experienced it.

UK Support only work 9am to 6PM which is why it hasn't been dealt with yet, you're best to phone them during their working hours, you'll find things are dealt with much quicker via phone calls (apparently, although my personal experience with tickets is good).

meez
21-01-2016, 23:11
Addition: A few hours later and the server is still blocked. Clearly this is a problem with their automated job that decides to suspend servers. Very buggy. I can see "null" as my expiration date, so I guess the job treats anything it does not now as expired. Shows clearly that OVH do not care very much about customers. Any decent dev would have implemented it as "needs validating by a human". However, I would still expect someone to unblock it manually within a decent time-frame.

Fortunately, this is not a prod server of mine. I got it to "evaluate" OVH, but I think that went out of the window. Will be taking my custom somwhere else. I really expected more from OVH.

meez
21-01-2016, 20:01
Hi,

Since I have not had a response to my support ticket for more than a day I have to write here.

I ordered a new server a few days ago and paid for it. Yesterday it got suspended because the system thought it had not been renewed.
Renewal date is on the 16th of February.

Please respond to ticket: 2016012119020551

If this can happen for paid servers I am seriously considering changing providers.

Thx