OVH Community, your new community space.

Change VPS location?

alvaroag
22-01-2016, 18:11
Quote Originally Posted by skyshard
So you teling me i must let my money run out! I hawe somewhere 45 days left till expiration! I wanth this 45 days get on my new VPS is it posible? If i today buy new VPS in SBG someone will add this 45 days on it?
That's it. At least, there's no option in the Manager to make a cancel-and-refund.

What you can try is to call OVH and get a credit note for the full service month that has not begun, and use that credit note to pay the first month of the new VPS; that will make you only lose 15 days instead of all the 45 days you have already paid for. I'm almost sure I've seen some similar case around here, but OVH staaf will give you the last word.

skyshard
22-01-2016, 15:37
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
Then it does not require any kind of action from OVH. You can let your VPS on GRA expire and order a new one in SBG. If you had automatic renewal enabled, you must disable it, of course.
So you teling me i must let my money run out! I hawe somewhere 45 days left till expiration! I wanth this 45 days get on my new VPS is it posible? If i today buy new VPS in SBG someone will add this 45 days on it?

alvaroag
22-01-2016, 15:10
Then it does not require any kind of action from OVH. You can let your VPS on GRA expire and order a new one in SBG. If you had automatic renewal enabled, you must disable it, of course.

skyshard
22-01-2016, 15:01
Quote Originally Posted by alvaroag
There's no option to move your VPS. However, if you get a VPS of the same model in SBG, it may not be really difficult to perform a full disk copy from the one in GRA to the other in SBG. Check this article: https://www.ndchost.com/wiki/server-...etcat-over-ssh . The full copy must be done with both VPS on recovery, and you may need to perform some configuration changes on the destination server from the KVM, because you you will not have network connectivity after reboot.
There's no option to move your VPS I dont wanth to move! I wanth new VPS NEW NEW! Main admin must trash my old VPS and make new and replace acces only! Why ovh cant Understund NEW VPS.. Its mean Delete Old one and replace with new one! Easy .. I hawe payd for lagy freezy vps and now understund i vaste my money.. So OVH must recover MY time and money...... Easy man.... im mad any clue?

alvaroag
22-01-2016, 14:47
There's no option to move your VPS. However, if you get a VPS of the same model in SBG, it may not be really difficult to perform a full disk copy from the one in GRA to the other in SBG. Check this article: https://www.ndchost.com/wiki/server-...etcat-over-ssh . The full copy must be done with both VPS on recovery, and you may need to perform some configuration changes on the destination server from the KVM, because you you will not have network connectivity after reboot.

skyshard
22-01-2016, 13:57
I hawe problem with my vps its freezing! And now i wish change from Gravelines to Strasbourg (FR) why suport cant help me? I dont need any data transfers cuz at last freez my vps hawe lost all data ... Is here some exit to make me happey without money loosing wich i hawe payd already for Gravelines VPS?

I can buy new one in strasbourg and from old vps can be taked off time and add on new host in strasbour? I hawe wasted my time and my money any clue?