OVH Community, your new community space.

HDD issue

AlbaHost
01-02-2016, 21:45
Quote Originally Posted by Dani
Hi

By default OVH servers comes with a minimum of 2 HDD and we set them into RAID 1. If one of the disk is defective, we would replace the defective one.

We allow customers 10 days to make a full backup of their date as their data now only resides on 1 disk. Whilst the replacement of the defective disk doesn't affect the operational disk, a backup is always recommended.

In the event where by 10 days has passed and we haven't heard from yourself we will proceed with the HDD replacement as servers would need fully operational HDD.

Thanks

Danny
Hi Danny,

Would you be kind enought and check ticket 2016013119027811 please, i submit it yesterday but noone answered it. Seems forum threads got quick answers instead of tickets.

Regards.

Dani
28-01-2016, 18:29
Hi

By default OVH servers comes with a minimum of 2 HDD and we set them into RAID 1. If one of the disk is defective, we would replace the defective one.

We allow customers 10 days to make a full backup of their date as their data now only resides on 1 disk. Whilst the replacement of the defective disk doesn't affect the operational disk, a backup is always recommended.

In the event where by 10 days has passed and we haven't heard from yourself we will proceed with the HDD replacement as servers would need fully operational HDD.

Thanks

Danny

AlbaHost
28-01-2016, 10:35
Got fixed today, please close this thread.
Cheers

AlbaHost
28-01-2016, 01:39
Hello,

Today i got my server stuck, and as per tech info it seems to be a hdd issue. So they checked it and hereby is their reply:

support@ovh.ie
11:32 PM (2 hours ago)

to me
Dear Customer,

The intervention on ns323972.ip-********.eu has been completed.

This operation was closed at 2016-01-27 23:32:14

Here are the details of this operation:
Hardware diagnosis
Date 2016-01-27 23:25:41, yoann P made Hardware diagnosis:
Installation in error.
Installation cant be relaunch.
Server put in rescue pro.
Ping ok
Services ok

Hdd slot0 HS (sn: 5G2N0BX)
Please make a backup before hdd replacement
An intervention will be created automatically in 10 day

You can launch another installation with your manager.

If you need any further information regarding this intervention, please do not hesitate to contact our technical support.

Regards,

OVH Customer Support
Support: (01) 6390037
Fax: (01) 6394091
Email: customersupport@ovh.ie
Monday to Friday: 9am - 6pm
I do not understand why do i need to wait 10 days for another intervention and another downtime after 10 days too? Due because i use it for productions and many of websites are hosted there, just don't know what is going on.
My nic: lm174524-ovh
Hope with will be fixed soon.