OVH Community, your new community space.

Why i love OVH

LinuxGam
30-01-2016, 20:51
I have to say, I love OVH too these days. When I first had OVH servers I had a few problems and did all the detective work, proved what it was and then some random tech guy in server room rebooted server and said it works now (multiple days in a row).................... Well, yeah... if you have a faulty part that is only a bit broken its very hard to pin down..

I have to say the English guys I spoke to were very understanding and eventually motherboards were replaced and things became stable. I realise (from experience) that an intemitent problem you can't replicate is a f**ker and the last thing the guys in France want to do is replace a mother board :-)

I also on one occasion made a complaint about network routing that on my investigation did not seem correct and the guys on site, blamed it on a software issue (my problem) but after numerous converations to the English guys with proof I actually ended up speaking to a senior network engineer there who thanked me for spotting a routing issue (worked but went miles around the houses) and then went on to fix.

My point being is... they are not there to tell you how to admin a server, but if you can supply evidence things will work out. The support team in the UK deserve a medal. Keep up the good work :P

alex
30-01-2016, 15:16
Quote Originally Posted by Igniterhosting
what people dont get are these servers are unmanaged so unless server is on fire it not ovh problem but some threads i see here dont seem to know this but ovh still helps and that nice so if you think it hard runing server get vps and learn
people expecting from budget provider a full proactive managed service, we do get similar customers.

Igniterhosting
29-01-2016, 05:05
ok so there loads hate with ovh but i love them i had kimsurfi server then two SyS servers had i have some issues but ovh has been best server provider i ever had if they have **** up in any way they will comp you by extending your server i make loads tickets just asking dumb stuff but i get treated like HQ customer and that alone put them higher than any other server hoster there price are good too what people dont get are these servers are unmanaged so unless server is on fire it not ovh problem but some threads i see here dont seem to know this but ovh still helps and that nice so if you think it hard runing server get vps and learn

LOVE YOU OVH