OVH Community, your new community space.

DDOS Or Attack Problems

Criot
22-02-2016, 17:18
Then the attacker is using a type of attack not blocked in the firewall, all you can do is try and track down the type of attack being used and block it using the firewall.

BaDg3R
22-02-2016, 14:44
yes

Criot
21-02-2016, 21:11
Quote Originally Posted by BaDg3R
OKay so the OVh status page at GRA 1 doesnt show my rack. Now the firewall aint evan picking up its an attack. This is getting beyond a joke now
Do you have permanent mitigation turned on?

BaDg3R
21-02-2016, 16:34
OKay so the OVh status page at GRA 1 doesnt show my rack. Now the firewall aint evan picking up its an attack. This is getting beyond a joke now

Criot
20-02-2016, 20:55
Quote Originally Posted by BaDg3R
What is going on with this situation? Why is my server not on your status page along with several others? How are people getting through the firewall?
Which status page exactly?

The attacker is likely using a type of attack not blocked in the firewall.

BaDg3R
20-02-2016, 20:50
What is going on with this situation? Why is my server not on your status page along with several others? How are people getting through the firewall?

Dani
18-02-2016, 09:52
Hi

We will look to review the ticket. I will update you shortly on the ticket.

Thanks

Danny

BaDg3R
17-02-2016, 22:40
Ticket number is : 2016021719082911

BaDg3R
17-02-2016, 22:40
Still a problem with the attacks. the firewall has been set up and we have been attacked several times and not gone down. Today we get attacked and it goes down. Whats going on is something broke at the data centre? 4 of us suffering the same problem

BaDg3R
03-02-2016, 22:07
Yes ive added the permanent mitigation and also created the rules on the firewall for the game server and team speak. Do i need to enabled them rules on the windows firewall too or not? cause there getting through every time.. and now see us as an easy target.

Dani
02-02-2016, 17:28
Hi

Have you tried to enable the permanent DDOS protection at:

Manager >> IP >> DDOS >> Permanent

You can add firewall rules to the DDOS system to enhance the protection as well.

Do you have the ticket numbers which you have created?

Thanks

Danny

BaDg3R
01-02-2016, 21:12
So heres my long story cut shut.

Had a server from a small game company running a rust server.. got attacked a lot..

Changed to SYS on one of there dedi boxes.. got attacked a lot.. to the point of the server being offline for 5-8 hours a night..

Switched to OVH with the Anti ddos game firewall with permanent mitigation.. got attacked twice last night didn't touch it.. they come back today and attacked us 4 times and caused the server to defect. my inbox is full of emails from OVH about the attacks and the Defects. Sent 2 tickets to ovh---no Reply then i phone them and the guy on the phone tells me that the technicians are looking at it and will keep me updated.. not heard a thing that was 6-8 hours ago.

i would like to add that when these attacks don't happen were very popular and in the top 10 Modded servers on rust.

Firstly id like to say... IS there anything OVH can do about this? i.e report them as what is happening is illegal.. Second they should have the attacking IP.. why are they not blocking it? and thirdly why do i not get a reply from OVH?

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated