OVH Community, your new community space.

DNS address could not be found. / ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED

stvnlng
06-03-2016, 20:20
Hey everyone,

I've experienced some problems with my domain and its link to my hosting since I've tried to change some redirections from my main domain to my portfolio wordpress link (without wanting the wordpress to be installed at the root I just wanted to have it linked directly when u go to www.stvnstrm.com - wordpress link is www.stvnstrm.com/works )

Since then, I might have delete something or made a mistake but I can't have access neither to my website or my FTP.

So I've decided to reset the DNS configuration but nothing has changed and gives me this error message DNS address could not be found. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED.

when I try to access to it via FTP it says the following : "DNS lookup for ftp.stvnstrm.com failed. DNS is the network service that translates a server name to its Internet address. This error is most often caused by having no connection to the Internet or a misconfigured network. It can also be caused by an unresponsive DNS server or a firewall preventing access to the network."

I don't know how to fix this here's the infos I can provide:

/ Zone DNS

stvnstrm.com. 0 NS dns20.ovh.net.
stvnstrm.com. 0 NS ns20.ovh.net.
stvnstrm.com. 0 MX 1 redirect.ovh.net.
stvnstrm.com. 0 A 213.186.33.5
www.stvnstrm.com. 0 CNAME stvnstrm.com.
stvnstrm.com. 0 TXT "1|www.stvnstrm.com"
www.stvnstrm.com. 0 TXT "3|welcome"
www.stvnstrm.com. 0 TXT "l|fr"

/ DNS management

dns20.ovh.net - Actif
ns20.ovh.net

/ Redirections

Domaine Type Cible
www.stvnstrm.com vers un domain (CNAME) stvnstrm.com
stvnstrm.com Redirection visible www.stvnstrm.com

/

If anyone could help I'd be so thankful.

I've applied for some jobs and I really need my portfolio to be online ASAP if they would go and check it tomorrow,

many thanks
Steven