OVH Community, your new community space.

Poor upload speed and poor support

marcelo
27-03-2016, 08:19
Amazing
another week, no response from OVH

marcelo
21-03-2016, 19:01
Quote Originally Posted by seamouse
transfer speeds from where? home upload? that can be YOUR isp

i have 200mb cable line with 20mb up and the other day took 20 mins to uploads some txt files to my server. YES 20 mins via winscp
when i tested my net my speed was ok for down, but uploads was 1mb . reboot of router solved it
I explained in the opening post, that the use case is server to server, in my case from an SYS to amazon
I also explained that a weaker Kimsufi server (an OVH server in the same data center) is getting much better speeds, I can show a few benchmarks

BTW, still no answer from any OVH support member

seamouse
21-03-2016, 09:43
transfer speeds from where? home upload? that can be YOUR isp

i have 200mb cable line with 20mb up and the other day took 20 mins to uploads some txt files to my server. YES 20 mins via winscp
when i tested my net my speed was ok for down, but uploads was 1mb . reboot of router solved it

Careimages
20-03-2016, 13:32
have a look at http://weathermap.ovh.net which will show you if there's any congestion in the OVH network that's affecting you.

Criot
19-03-2016, 16:20
Quote Originally Posted by marcelo
Here's an mtr test in both servers:

From E3-SAT-1 :

From KS-2A :

Nope, no IPv6, as you can see the SYS server is even in rescue mode
These results aren't accurate as you're performing the first one from rescue mode?

LawsHosting
19-03-2016, 14:59
This might be a reason
ae-2-3204.ear2.London2.Level3.net 90.9% PL
from 2 of my servers

marcelo
18-03-2016, 20:15
It still doesn't smell to me like an external problem, because the test results are very consistent in favour the KS-2A even checking against multiple locations
Running multiple mtr tests all the time the first hop has much more latency in the E3-SAT-1 almost 4 times more latency then KS-2A

RandomThoughts
18-03-2016, 20:01
Doubtful, since it's hard wired to the switch that sends it on it's way out of the OVH network, so a different IP on the same server shouldn't make any difference

marcelo
18-03-2016, 19:53
Is it possible that changing the IP of the SYS server will solve the problem?

RandomThoughts
18-03-2016, 19:31
You'll see from your screenshots that your Kimsufi server takes a different route out of the OVH network so doesn't hit the problem network

marcelo
18-03-2016, 19:27
As I explained the KS-2A server is getting much better transfer speeds then the E3-SAT-1 something like 5X better average and it should be the opposite
I am sure they can find a solution

RandomThoughts
18-03-2016, 19:04
I'm getting similar results, but both problems exist outside OVH's network so I don't see what they can do (unless you can persuade them to alert the other network to the problem)

marcelo
18-03-2016, 18:59
Here's an mtr test in both servers:

From E3-SAT-1 :

From KS-2A :

Nope, no IPv6, as you can see the SYS server is even in rescue mode

RandomThoughts
18-03-2016, 18:54
Are you by any chance using IPv6? I've just used MTR to test the route between my SyS server at Roubaix and an OVH VPS in Canada. IPv4 was fine, IPv6 shows a lot of packet loss at Roubaix

marcelo
18-03-2016, 18:37
I agree they don't, but they do have control over they're servers and a weaker server with just 100mbps located in the same datacenter is getting much better speeds, so I am sure there's something that can be done

RandomThoughts
18-03-2016, 18:16
Quote Originally Posted by marcelo
completely ignored when I explained that the problem is not inside the OVH network but with transfers outside of it
That's possibly because OVH have no control over anything outside their own network.

Try installing MTR (Linux) or WinMTR (Windows). This will show you any bottlenecks on the route to the remote host.

Usage (Linux): mtr

marcelo
18-03-2016, 17:41
I rented the server more then two months ago

Background:
Before I rented the E3-SAT-1
I rented a E3-SAT-1 because I had a very good experience with an atom based Kimsufi server, but I needed a stronger server
My main use case is doing transfers between servers

After I rented the E3-SAT-1 I started to test the transfer speed and I saw that I am getting speed that is like 10% of the speed I was getting with 100mbps Kimsufi server
Since then I was back and forth with the support through a ticket with Tom , getting very slow responses and being completely ignored when I explained that the problem is not inside the OVH network but with transfers outside of it, explaining that similar tests done with the 100mbps Kimsufi server are not getting such a poor results
This has being going back and forth for the last month and half, all this time the server I rented is completely unusable for me
The last answer I got from the support was the at the 9th of march

If anyone from OVH is seeing this, please help me solve the problem
Server Id: 295863

Thanks,
Marcelo