OVH Community, your new community space.

Disk full, need to find rest of HD space

The1
07-11-2008, 14:31
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Usage for [ / ] : 100 %

Now im no Linux Guru, but surely this is going to cause problems when installing and patching etc is it not?

I would recommend moving some of your downloads from / to /home and freeing up a bit of space.
Yeah its already done. I sorted it last night. I moved a few bits out and the server is fine and going great.

rickyday
07-11-2008, 14:10
Usage for [ / ] : 100 %

Now im no Linux Guru, but surely this is going to cause problems when installing and patching etc is it not?

I would recommend moving some of your downloads from / to /home and freeing up a bit of space.

The1
07-11-2008, 10:08
Quote Originally Posted by Azrael
Download to /home instead of /

That's where all the space is.
Yes that's what I done and all is good

Winit
07-11-2008, 02:27
In terminal: df -h

The1
06-11-2008, 22:43
Yes, I navigated my way throught the server and it's all fine.

I have to say I'm glad I switched over from Vectoral, providing the speeds keep up as they are. But as I'm on the pro server I can't see any reason why they should change

Andy
06-11-2008, 22:34
Quote Originally Posted by The1
First off I have to say I'm very happy with OVH, I'm on the mini server plan and the speeds are great and server was set-up in no time at all

But I'm having a minor problem.. Basically I set up Fedora 9 x64 according to the Fedora dafault settings and everthing was going great but as I've downloaded just over 8gb in files I get the disk full.

I have 2 500gb HD's installed in this server and 1 will do the job but any advice on how to configue the HD so I can download to the free space ?
Usually the biggest HD that I ever used on a server was a 250gb and my files just went straight to the HD but I'm a little unsure here on how to configure my HD.

Any suggestions ?

This is how my manager looks >> Usage for [ / ] : 100 %
Usage for [ /home ] : 1 %
Usage for [ /dev/shm ] : 0 %
Don't use the manager, use the server itself. The manager will probably be wrong.

The1
06-11-2008, 21:03
First off I have to say I'm very happy with OVH, I'm on the mini server plan and the speeds are great and server was set-up in no time at all

But I'm having a minor problem.. Basically I set up Fedora 9 x64 according to the Fedora dafault settings and everthing was going great but as I've downloaded just over 8gb in files I get the disk full.

I have 2 500gb HD's installed in this server and 1 will do the job but any advice on how to configue the HD so I can download to the free space ?
Usually the biggest HD that I ever used on a server was a 250gb and my files just went straight to the HD but I'm a little unsure here on how to configure my HD.

Any suggestions ?

This is how my manager looks >> Usage for [ / ] : 100 %
Usage for [ /home ] : 1 %
Usage for [ /dev/shm ] : 0 %