OVH Community, your new community space.

Problems with secondary DNS

DigitalDaz
13-11-2008, 00:31
lol, don't be surprised at the service but the hardware seems good.

AFAIK forget the manager, it is irrelevant, if you are running ur own dns service then the manager is not the place to manage your domains. What exactly are you meaning when u say secondary dns?

for example I have two IP adresses say, I create an ns1.domain.com on one, I then create an ns2.domain.com on the other.

I then create say mynewdomain.com on my box and make ns1.domain.com the primary nameserver and ns2.domain.com as the secondary.

do I have the right end of the stick here?

bananaman
12-11-2008, 21:47
Hi Daz,

Nice to know there's someone out there!

I have a dedicated server with WHM/cpanel installed and 1 nameserver set up OK on the servers main IP.

I've added an additional IP block to the server OK - they're showing in 'managerv3' and showing within WHM/cPanel as installed.

All the domains that use the main IP and the additional IP's are resolving OK.

My problem is with the 'secondary DNS' in managerv3. The domains on the main IP are all showing in here as they should but the ones I add that are on other IP's are not. I know it's not an immediate problem but I'm sure it's not the way it should be done...

I'm still a bit gob-smacked that I have to ask someone on a message board rather than get an informed and timely response from tech support! If I'm doing something wrong then I don't mind being told, but a bit of support from the people selling you the service surely isn't too much to ask.

DigitalDaz
12-11-2008, 21:28
Are you running your own dns servers, I am assuming so? Have you added the additional ip's to your box?

bananaman
12-11-2008, 20:29
I'm getting a bit worried about my new server with OVH.

I've had no response to my post here, my support ticket has been closed twice stating quite rudely 'as say in the message: Your ticket has been taken by our support'.

'Support' was an email pointing to an online manual which was no use at all and also having the cheek to ask me - and I quote 'Can you please tell us how did you first hear about OVH? Magazines (which one?), Internet, friends or any other source' - with nothing more to say!!!

Then despite replying via email to 'support' have had no reply whatsoever - with my last email being over a day ago and still nothing.

How on earth do you get any answers? So much for 'premium' support. I reckon my server with OVH will last a month before moving on.

Anybody any comments?

bananaman
11-11-2008, 16:15
Hi,

Hope someone can help me here. Not getting much joy out of 'customer support'.

I have a new dedicated server, running cpanel - all is set up OK. I have an additional block of IP's for certain sites.

On the page within the managerv3 console, the additional IP's are showing up in the dropdown list of IP's available but when I add secondary DNS entries for sites not on the main IP of the server, they do not appear in the list.

Am I doing something wrong or is there something wrong with 'managerv3'?

Thanks in advance,

Nigel