OVH Community, your new community space.

PayPal for CONFIRMED users?

14-11-2008, 03:52
yeah, throw a link trogg, i'm interested too seeing as i don't (personally) have a bank account either

trogg
13-11-2008, 22:33
Quote Originally Posted by wackomoo
What he said

wackomoo
13-11-2008, 20:22
Quote Originally Posted by DigitalDaz
Hey trogg, you have more info on this thing, a link maybe, this is very handy to know!

TIA
www.paypal.co.uk/topupcard

DigitalDaz
13-11-2008, 19:11
Hey trogg, you have more info on this thing, a link maybe, this is very handy to know!

TIA

wackomoo
13-11-2008, 17:23
Quote Originally Posted by trogg
if you in the uk paypal topupcard is worth getting mate - free to transfer money from paypal account to it, standard visa card.
takes about a day to load the money onto it - but quicker than moving the money into your own card account from paypal :0)
I wish I could get these! But they aren't available in the country my PP account is registered...

trogg
13-11-2008, 16:54
if you in the uk paypal topupcard is worth getting mate - free to transfer money from paypal account to it, standard visa card.
takes about a day to load the money onto it - but quicker than moving the money into your own card account from paypal :0)

Tz-OVH
13-11-2008, 16:34
How about Google Checkout? I love it, its so fast and works great with my purchases.

ezdub
13-11-2008, 09:50
I do agree that the fraud risk is there.

But on the other hand if PayPal was excepted it could be done only if the payee was the same as the account holder, that does reduce the fraud risk in someway.

Yes it would take longer for payments to go through and I guess it would be a manual verifaction to match accounts to names.

I would like to see a way for PayPal to be excepted on the fact that most of the payments I get are from PayPal so it would make my life easier.

I don't think it would be to hard to add as a payment option, but as said I don't think it would be instant payment system.

But in the end it does come down to the risk of fraud and cost.

Winit
13-11-2008, 08:43
Risk of fraud is way too high for them to use PayPal.

slayer2005
13-11-2008, 04:53
Id like to see this option happen to,but as andy says it never will.

Andy
13-11-2008, 01:45
It will never happen for a lot of reasons:

1. Too much work involved in integrating PayPal into such a huge company.
2. It takes too much time to credit accounts in either direction; PayPal > Bank and Bank > Paypal.
3. Its too easy to commit fraud by stealing somebody else's account, verified or not.

I'm sure OVH can provide more real reasons but I can only guess these are the main reasons.

DigitalDaz
13-11-2008, 01:13
hear, hear!

wackomoo
13-11-2008, 01:02
I have two servers now, I've confirmed my address via postal mail and payed via CC... But if I could pay my next payments via PayPal, that would be much better for me - easier, and CHEAPER as I wouldn't have CC fees all over the places. I wish OVH could accept PayPal from us users who already are confirmed.