OVH Community, your new community space.

Time-out problem

nthn.crawford
31-03-2008, 14:51
Problem is gone now, i dunno what happened but i haven't experienced it since the rps came back and i re-installed fedora. I did the same things as i did when it crashed, nothing different. So guess the problem was from OVH. So i can't say what actually happened, all i know is that it worked, and my rps is running fine now.

fozl
27-03-2008, 12:44
nthn, how did it go?

nthn.crawford
25-03-2008, 18:47
I have received an e-mail from OVH regarding this but the problem is not solved, i still can't login through putty and in my manager in the monitoring section is still can see this: Server processes
Server running since : NaN day(s) NaN hour(s) NaN minute(s) NaN second(s)

In a final attempt to resolve this i will try to re-install fedora (now that it's enabled again) and will provide feedback if that solves anything.

cHeGa
25-03-2008, 13:47
Quote Originally Posted by KinGFaB
i´m having extactly the same problem
+1

nthn.crawford
25-03-2008, 08:21
The problem persists, would appreciate OVH oppinion about this

krogothzero
24-03-2008, 23:21
Quote Originally Posted by Allot
Please describe your problem further, ie connection method (ssh,ftp), error message received when trying to access it and your server name.

Allot
On my server atleast it would accept a connection over SSH / HTTP but never sent any data back once the connection was established. My guess is that was successful as it didnt need to read from the disk as its all kernel level operations, hence why it responds to pings. However it doesnt get to return anything as by that point its needs to read from the disk.

My server has been online for about 9hours which is a record now so maybe you fixed it..

nthn.crawford
24-03-2008, 16:04
Quote Originally Posted by milanyc
+1.
Look at my post about the serious packet loss.
Yea man it's more of us that experience these problems, there is something wrong with the servers we couldn't have all messed up this big.

Waiting for intervention from OVH, nothing else i can try for now.

milanyc
24-03-2008, 15:45
+1.
Look at my post about the serious packet loss.

KinGFaB
24-03-2008, 15:17
Quote Originally Posted by nthn.crawford
OK i will do my best.

When i try to connect to server through putty (ssh) i get this: "Using keyboard-interactive authentication." and i cannot login. The server responds to ping though.

In my manager, in the real time monitoring section i get this:

Server processes

So i deducted the server is not working.

When it was working however it kept timing out and came back in a few minutes. However last time it timed out never came back (can't login error).

Only idea i had was to try and re-install the OS on the server but the feature is disabled now, so i am completely stuck. I tried several restarts (2-3) with no luck whatsoever.
i´m having extactly the same problem

nthn.crawford
24-03-2008, 15:09
Quote Originally Posted by Allot
Please describe your problem further, ie connection method (ssh,ftp), error message received when trying to access it and your server name.
OK i will do my best.

When i try to connect to server through putty (ssh) i get this: "Using keyboard-interactive authentication." and i cannot login. The server responds to ping though.

In my manager, in the real time monitoring section i get this:

Server processes

So i deducted the server is not working.

When it was working however it kept timing out and came back in a few minutes. However last time it timed out never came back (can't login error).

Only idea i had was to try and re-install the OS on the server but the feature is disabled now, so i am completely stuck. I tried several restarts (2-3) with no luck whatsoever.

Allot
24-03-2008, 14:43
New problem: Server is completely dead at this time, can't access it at all.

Allot

Allot
24-03-2008, 14:41
I am using one of the free rps servers and i am encountering the following problem. I am using the server for torrenting linux distro and once in every 2-3 minutes it times out, freezes. I cannot axxs it through vnc either, something like it's crashed. I have encountered this problem all day yesterday and today. On another matter all my files from my hdd misteriously disappeared as a result of a complete crash (server was reset by technicians - as i received word in my mail). So for now my server is unusable it times-out every 2-3 maybe 5 minute tops and takes like 1 minute to come back.

Server runs great when it's ok, but unfortunately does not run properly.

Please help me solve this problem.

Thank you in advance.

Thank you for reporting the problem. Please provide the server name so that we can investigate into this.

Allot

krogothzero
24-03-2008, 13:46
Yup mine was dead until now too. I am pretty sure its related to the iscsi as when its going it crash it'll only begin to lock up when you do something that would require a read/write to disk.

I have spotted the following problems in the system log although it doesnt mean alot to me:
Mar 24 13:05:51 r10888 iscsi: dropping ctask with itt 0x41
Mar 24 13:05:51 r10888 iscsi: dropping ctask with itt 0x36
Mar 24 13:05:51 r10888 iscsi: dropping ctask with itt 0x38
Mar 24 13:05:51 r10888 iscsi: dropping ctask with itt 0x3a
Mar 24 13:53:18 r10888 iscsi: dropping ctask with itt 0x2

I am also getting the following alot but according to the french forum its because the default kernel has a raid driver but there is no raid hardware, I'll get around to removing it when its a bit more stable:
Mar 24 13:35:11 r10888 mptctldrivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c::mptctl_ioctl() @596 - ioc0 not found!
Mar 24 13:35:11 r10888 mptctldrivers/message/fusion/mptctl.c::mptctl_ioctl() @596 - ioc0 not found!

nthn.crawford
24-03-2008, 06:47
I updated fedora last night thinking it might solve the problem, but then the server timed-out again and not even now i can't access it, even though it's responding to ping. I have tried serveral restarts of server but that did not help. I need some help on this, please!

KinGFaB
23-03-2008, 17:55

+1 same

nthn.crawford
23-03-2008, 17:52

KinGFaB
23-03-2008, 17:50
I am using one of the free rps servers and i am encountering the following problem. I am using the server for torrenting linux distro and once in every 2-3 minutes it times out, freezes. I cannot axxs it through vnc either, something like it's crashed. I have encountered this problem all day yesterday and today. On another matter all my files from my hdd misteriously disappeared as a result of a complete crash (server was reset by technicians - as i received word in my mail). So for now my server is unusable it times-out every 2-3 maybe 5 minute tops and takes like 1 minute to come back.

Thank you in advance.
+1 same

nthn.crawford
23-03-2008, 16:29

Thank you in advance.