OVH Community, your new community space.

What does this meen

Andy
02-04-2008, 14:22
In order for OVH to give the best service possible, they only offer it countries they can be sure they can give great access to. Because this person made an order from a country they cannot give the best service to, they simply said they can't give any at all to avoid any problems of customer complaints regarding slow speeds etc. I think thats better than having someone complain about speeds all the time because of their location.

Scott Curtis
02-04-2008, 13:45
Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
Hi I recentley signed up and then when I went to pay for the service it gave me this response

Error
The billing country for your order doesn't correspond to the country of your customer account

I am in Australia at the moment but I need this service so I can access it from, around the world
How about we focus on this and not on who, what, why, and how to call. Although it appears to be answered as the original poster has not posted again. OVH fanboys are faithful, I'll grant you that.

Nettus
30-03-2008, 12:21
No its not. Its a thing called "VOIP" you could use skype to ring them, They are cheap etc

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Curtis
Hard to call that number if you are not in the UK though. Just a thought.

Scott Curtis
26-03-2008, 14:31
We have already established that, let it go.

OVH.Customer
25-03-2008, 22:25
I understand it is targeted at people in the UK, however this person obviously is not from the UK, the whole point is to try and help OVH communicate better that is all, instead of being their defender over a perceived slight of them why don't you let them answer.
They're more than welcome to answer and I see that Oles has. I'm not defending them as I do know that there are some problems however in this case I think you were wrong to have a go at fozle and imply that he doesn't help because the link he provided does answer the question.

So to summarise, the original poster isn't from the UK so fozle pointed out that the services offered on this website and other OVH websites are only available to people in selected countries. The link shows these countries.

oles@ovh.net
25-03-2008, 19:44
Scott Curtis a écrit:

in 2 weeks max, we will ask you to give us your mobil phone and
we will send you a SMS. if you are in the right country, you will
get this SMS and you will be able to order and pay. I think it will
help to understand that we propose our services to UK's market and
only this market. Maybe IR.

Scott Curtis
25-03-2008, 18:07
Quote Originally Posted by OVH.Customer
This website is targeted at people in the UK though. If you're trying to order products through this site from anywhere else then you should understand that this is not the place to do that, that is why fozle posted that link. That said, there is nothing to stop the number being called from outside the UK. You just need to add the country code to the number. For reference if you're calling from outside the UK then the number would be 00442072225500.
I understand it is targeted at people in the UK, however this person obviously is not from the UK, the whole point is to try and help OVH communicate better that is all, instead of being their defender over a perceived slight of them why don't you let them answer.

OVH.Customer
25-03-2008, 17:55
This website is targeted at people in the UK though. If you're trying to order products through this site from anywhere else then you should understand that this is not the place to do that, that is why fozle posted that link. That said, there is nothing to stop the number being called from outside the UK. You just need to add the country code to the number. For reference if you're calling from outside the UK then the number would be 00442072225500.

Scott Curtis
25-03-2008, 16:48
Quote Originally Posted by OVH.Customer
I somewhat agree that OVH should perhaps look at having somebody around outside of normal office hours to provide support via email and on the forum however at the moment I do not think they have such thing in place and therefore staff are coming here as and when they can to help out. Remember if you don't get an answer through the forum then you can email OVH or call the UK office. Admitedly you won't get a reply when the office is closed. Where most companies provide 08 numbers to call OVH give a UK number which isn't an automated service, the first person you speak to is a human being.

OVH.Customer
25-03-2008, 14:02
I somewhat agree that OVH should perhaps look at having somebody around outside of normal office hours to provide support via email and on the forum however at the moment I do not think they have such thing in place and therefore staff are coming here as and when they can to help out. Remember if you don't get an answer through the forum then you can email OVH or call the UK office. Admitedly you won't get a reply when the office is closed. Where most companies provide 08 numbers to call OVH give a UK number which isn't an automated service, the first person you speak to is a human being.

Scott Curtis
25-03-2008, 00:18
Disrespectful? No. Over the top, perhaps, I will give you that one. I get tired of seeing non answers all the time and perhaps it caught up with me here.

OVH.Customer
24-03-2008, 23:41
Don't you think that was a little over the top? From what I understand, having looked at that link, OVH do not sell to people in Australia and that would be why he cannot place an order. If he signed up as a UK customer but put an address in Australia for billing then that would be why this error message is shown.

I understand that you're probably only trying to help Scott Curtis but there is absolutely no need to be rude and disrespectful.

I have followed this and that really doesn't seem like much of an explanation! That information is readily available on the web site. I talked with this person and we looked at that link:http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml
and were not able to gain any insight. Is it too much to ask for someone to actually do a little work there in customer support and find out why the guy is having a problem making his payment rather than just sitting on your bum and posting a link that has no new info for him? This is the type of behaviour I would expect to find on a public forum for any ***** to answer, not a professionally run customer service website forum, what are you trying to do run a business or drive it out of business? Give the man an answer with some substance not some *****ic link to puzzle over.

Scott Curtis
24-03-2008, 18:01
I have followed this and that really doesn't seem like much of an explanation! That information is readily available on the web site. I talked with this person and we looked at that link:http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml
and were not able to gain any insight. Is it too much to ask for someone to actually do a little work there in customer support and find out why the guy is having a problem making his payment rather than just sitting on your bum and posting a link that has no new info for him? This is the type of behaviour I would expect to find on a public forum for any ***** to answer, not a professionally run customer service website forum, what are you trying to do run a business or drive it out of business? Give the man an answer with some substance not some *****ic link to puzzle over.

DeadCell
24-03-2008, 16:27
he is a UK customer, but needs access to a server from around the world, if i read his post correctly.

fozl
24-03-2008, 16:21
The dedicated servers are only available to customers listed in the regions shown here: http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml, which is why you get that error.

Jimbo
24-03-2008, 16:01
ok nichandle is JL3898-OVH

Allot
24-03-2008, 15:51
Quote Originally Posted by Jimbo
Hi I recentley signed up and then when I went to pay for the service it gave me this response

Error
The billing country for your order doesn't correspond to the country of your customer account

I am in Australia at the moment but I need this service so I can access it from, around the world
If you could provide me with your NIC handle (customer ID) i will see which orders you have tried to place and provide an explanation.

Allot

Jimbo
24-03-2008, 12:11

Error